Any news on the new version 562xp

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Willard, you also need a little echo cs2511t too, well you don't need one but I bet you would like one 'if' you borrowed/ran one for a day. Picture something that 'feels' half the weight of a 200t/540xp that runs a 10" b/c well.

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Willard, you also need a little echo cs2511t too, well you don't need one but I bet you would like one 'if' you borrowed/ran one for a day. Picture something that 'feels' half the weight of a 200t/540xp that runs a 10" b/c well.
Yep same idea as a little MS150T.
I've been running 020T, MS200T, 338XPT's going back starting 25 years ago. I converted them all to almost every imaginable b/c combo.
But for the last 4 years those gas jobs are long gone, totally sold on battery top handles for aerial work.

Last edited:

weedkilla

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been running 020T, MS200T, 338XPT's going back starting 25 years ago. I converted them all to almost every imaginable b/c combo.
But for the last 4 years those gas jobs are long gone, totally sold on battery top handles for aerial work.
Which breed of battery top handles? I’m underwhelmed with my 160t and will only use it till 8/9 am.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Willard, could you elaborate a little on your preferences for battery when working up high? I can anticipate some of your answers, but I'm really interested in your analysis.

We see 2 different philosophies on top handle saws, whether battery or gas. It mostly divides along the lines of the size of the wood that guys want to cut with their top handles before pulling up a larger saw. On one side, we have guys running 16" bars on their T540's and they want to cut right to that limit before grabbing something bigger. On the other end, there are guys who only cut up to around 6-8" with their toppers and are therefore OK with the battery saws and the smaller gas saws like the 25cc Echo and the Husky T-525.

What are your thoughts on all this?

Last edited:

Willard

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Willard, could you elaborate a little on your preferences for battery when working up high? I can anticipate some of your answers, but I'm really interested in your analysis.

We see 2 different philosophies on top handle saws, whether battery or gas. It mostly divides along the lines of the size of the wood that guys want to cut with their top handles before pulling up a larger saw. On one side, we have guys running 16" bars on their T540's and they want to cut right to that limit before grabbing something bigger. On the other end, there are guys who only cut up to around 6-8" with their toppers and are therefore OK with the battery saws and the smaller gas saws like the 25cc Echo and the Husky T-525.

What are your thoughts on all this?
@Spike60 , for one thing that has been proven is the T536 LiXP will out cut a MS150T by a good margin cutting cookies.
Climbing and dismantling a tree not having to wear ear protection is so much better for safety "listening " to the warning sounds while working.
I once heard a low cracking sound once on a stem I was on and found a fracture below me that I missed on my inspection. Probably saved my life right there if things went hay wire.
No pull starting , no warming up just squeeze and cut. Only annoyance is resetting the on switch after it goes into sleep mode when not used for a few minutes.

I carry a spare battery in my saddle pouch on bigger trees but hardly ever need it .
I run a 16" on my 536 with the new Oregon .043 90 chain and is a good combo.

There are 2 types of climbers who run saws in trees. One is the climber who needs a larger gas job (as big as a 395XP to back up his top handle saw) to get a tree totally dismantled.
Then there is the climber who can dismantle a tree leaving a 40 foot tall spar and then being able to come down to ground level and fell the spar between two houses with a ground saw with no worries.

Taking down conifers and hardwood I will never go back to a top handle gas job.