High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Any Musicians Here ? Fellow guitar junkies ?

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
6:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have one of their cd's. I'm not the biggest fan of Dream Theater, LTE type bands. Their kinda hard to follow being a non musician.
I've searched information on how guitars are finished to apply to wood working projects. I love the figured woods, especially curly/quilted maple.
maxresdefault.jpg

3.jpg

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Figured maple is gorgeous but my ultimate favorite is a good piece of Brazilian rosewood.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Since there are so many bass lovers here is a nice fretless conversion I done. Cleaned up fret slots with my foredom router base. Scraped binding strips to fit and glues with hide glue. Chiseled, sanded, reradiused and polished fingerboard to 1200 grit then buffed.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

huskstihl

Know nuthin' bullshitter
Local time
5:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I was raised luthier, converted to episcopalian and drifted from there.

I played a prs custom 22 that I rewired "regular" with a fralin in the neck and a JB in the bridge. Played mostly thru soldanos and one Budda, usually with a 2x12 on each side of the stage (eminence legend cones).
Married Yoko Ono, and she broke up the band December, 2012. Not that I miss it or anything.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I play a bit of Bass, Drums, Piano and a lot of 6/12 string guitar. Current stable is an early 90's half body Ovation Elec/Acoustic, Korean Knockoff of an SG and an Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic, all 6 string. My next few will be an American Telly, an American Les Paul, a Breedlove 12 string Elec/Acoustic and a Martin D-28... I will likely get another trap set again someday as the kids are now starting to get the bug. I was never "in" a band but did a bit of moonlighting and sang a bit. I appreciate a lot of music but prefer (Old) country, Rock, Blues, Soul, Funk, (Old R&B) and classical.

JeffGu

Known Troublemaker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My Eggnoodle Tweaker 40 amp I've been playing around with lately...

egnater-tweaker40.JPG

And a pedalboard I originally put together for home recording studio use... been dorking around with it a bit, too... top row through the FX loop on amp, bottom row through front end.

pedalboard.JPG

These days I mostly just play with myself... so, it's like being a teenager, again... :meparto:

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not Bad Cobey, just harder... LMAO I can't quite make out the red Axe, is that a Jackson or Alvarez?

cobey

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not Bad Cobey, just harder... LMAO I can't quite make out the red Axe, is that a Jackson or Alvarez?
Cheap exp, I don't have a picture
Of my old gig guitar, it was an alverez,
Kind of ibenez copy, Floyd rose, hot pick ups. Had a bunch of amps and stuff.
My favorite was a crate 50 watt stealth head on my Randell cabnet. Had a Morley volume / wah, and a digitech wammy pedal

Motorhead

Cantre Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to play,I had A Fender Strat,and 2 silver tone twin 100s ran in a series.when I stopped playing I gave every thing to my son,He likes music so much he's 41 years old and still makes a living playing up and down the Florida keys,and sometimes the Carribean islands.

huskstihl

Know nuthin' bullshitter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Found this from about 4 years ago. Pardon the quality and the singing. I can't remember if that was the Budda or Soldano. Prolly the Soldano.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here is a nice telecaster I just finished up for a guy. Two piece swamp ash body with a shellac base finish over sprayed with age tinted satin lacquer. Same finish on the neck as well. Lollar pickups, paper in oil tone cap, 50's style Bakelite pick guard, bone nut, vintage 3 bar bridge and schaller tuners.

Neck before finish:
image.jpeg

Body before finish:
image.jpeg

Neck after finish:
image.jpeg

Body after finish:
image.jpeg

Control wiring:
image.jpeg

huskstihl

Know nuthin' bullshitter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Beautiful. I always replace the ceramic disc with a quality oil/paper capacitor on the tone control just like you do