High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Any Musicians Here ? Fellow guitar junkies ?

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
6:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
most of my stuff runs 6v6 or 45 outputs. either push pull or push pull in parallel.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i restore vintage radios also. most of the stuff is single ended around 2-3 watts i got a console from 1931 with push pull 45's it will really thump. it runs a 2 ohm field coil jensen.
audio quality is limited because it is am only this radio contains no electrolytics everything is filtered by filter chokes and a field coil. uses two auto inter stage transformers also

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
7:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Nice, I never got into the radios but do have a couple here I would like to restore some day.

jrsdws

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tubes make everything better lol

Tube good to be true.....as the saying goes.

My oldest son is the guitar player and I was the vintage guitar junky dad. He still plays, but has moved out of state so I've sold a few things lately. The last amp I sold was an mid 70's Hiwatt.....50 watts of pure British tube goodness. Loaded with Mullards it was like heaven when a power chord was struck on a Les Paul.

I still have some nice guitars.....all either Gibson or 70's Japanese clones....a couple of nice Grecos....an Orville. I wish I could play!!

We started an amp build before he moved out too, but that got shelved. Maybe someday I'll get bored and heat up the soldering iron again.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Tube good to be true.....as the saying goes.

My oldest son is the guitar player and I was the vintage guitar junky dad. He still plays, but has moved out of state so I've sold a few things lately. The last amp I sold was an mid 70's Hiwatt.....50 watts of pure British tube goodness. Loaded with Mullards it was like heaven when a power chord was struck on a Les Paul.

I still have some nice guitars.....all either Gibson or 70's Japanese clones....a couple of nice Grecos....an Orville. I wish I could play!!

We started an amp build before he moved out too, but that got shelved. Maybe someday I'll get bored and heat up the soldering iron again.
Ah man, a Hiwatt is one amp I haven't owned yet.

jrsdws

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I still have a custom built Hiwatt clone that's a 30w 1x12 combo with four 6V6's. You don't have to crank it up to get the Hiwatt growl....but it's still not a Hiwatt.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I still have a custom built Hiwatt clone that's a 30w 1x12 combo with four 6V6's. You don't have to crank it up to get the Hiwatt growl....but it's still not a Hiwatt.
Nice, my next build is gonna be a Hiwatt clone, but like you said, it still won't be a Hiwatt.

jrsdws

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There's magic in them old Partridge transformers I tell ya!! You can source nearly every other component and build something very close.....but that old iron makes it happen.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello my Brotha's I'm also a luthier. Been playing electric from 17 yo and screwing with tube amps/customization since then. I've got 24 electrics on the bench both solid and semi-hollow. Hijack on the monkey grip... They're set necks made of Yellow Poplar. This is my 26th year of guitarmaking. I try to cut all my own timber. Lately I've been talking to a wood turner in California named, Mike Mahoney and I've learned a lot about identifiying figured Maple. It would make you double over to know the curl I've passed up over the years.

IMG_8096.JPG

Both these pointy's are prototypes for a Las Vegas guitarist named, "Guy Mann Dude."

image (2).png
I picked off these two quarts of Acrylic Lacquer a month ago up by St. Louis. Old boy bought them when he ordered a brand new 1982 Sportster 35th Aniversary in case he ever wanted to refurbish her...

Bike went and this stuff was discovered in his upstairs closet in a styrofoam cooler from April 1982!!!! I know she's not nitrocelluose boys, but Brush Ape likes the cool factor. I've got the clear on hand. One quart is Pewter Metallic, the other Dark Maroon.

HD-X11c.jpg

jrsdws

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Those will be cool guitar builds. We did one that turned out decent. It was a Warmoth Jagstang body from swamp ash with a maple neck. I had to have help with the electronics and set-up at the time so a local luthier helped. We installed some Fralin humbuckers with some good hardware and PIO caps......turned out to be a good player. It's not the purdiest girl at the dance....but very playable and great tone.

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh yeah Magic_Man no doubt. Dunno why it never occurred to me in time haha. I got into wood turning in the last year under a mentor mostly to make drumsticks and martial arts weapons. It's a real eye-opener when you see how these guys source their material. Well my mentor hooked me up with Mike Mahoney. Mike taught me by phone how to look at the bark on Maples. Audey Ratliff of Ratliff Mandolins in Church Hill, Tennessee has taught me oodles as well.

KZ1000

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Two amps and three guitars but I don't play much anymore and never was in a band.

Attachments

• DSC00266.JPG
    DSC00266.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 10

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not a musician and I don't own a guitar [yet], but I do consider myself somewhat of a junkie. I love bass guitar. Huge fan of a well crafted ax. Les Claypool is my favorite artist, ever gave him a listen?

And right now I can't stop listening to Remco:

Give his channel a try.

Danders

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bass player here. Mainly 5 strings but like most everyone else I also have a P and a J. I played the Precision just last week, I don't think it's been played for several years prior to that.

My wife gets a little frustrated with me setting firewood aside as "do not burn". We burn mainly fir thankfully but there are several pieces of maple and a little walnut with some figure tucked away in the garage. I'd burn it if I had to, but right now I don't have to.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol, I have a whole pile of maple chunks that are too figured to burn!
DSC08458.JPG DSC08457.JPG DSC08456.JPG DSC08455.JPG

One of my favorite sounding guitars is the Ric
Ricky1.jpg

Love to eventually get one.

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not a musician and I don't own a guitar [yet], but I do consider myself somewhat of a junkie. I love bass guitar. Huge fan of a well crafted ax. Les Claypool is my favorite artist, ever gave him a listen?

And right now I can't stop listening to Remco:

Give his channel a try.
I'm a bass junkie myself, I've been listening to les claypool for years.

295 tramp

Hillbilly Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wow that's was some kind of grove.
Funk Fusion:aaaaa:

Last edited: