PAST Any interest in a NC GTG?

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is alot of guys coming from all over the USA and Canada going to materminds gtg maybe it's the food or the bullshiting conversatios or just heads up cutting but sounds like at least 70 guys coming so bill if you have it they will come

There will probably be around 150 @ Banana Breath’s Chicken Leg Exposition & Barbecue Eating Gala.

There might be a Saw or 2 started.

Are you coming @Jimmy in NC & @Termitebuffet?

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you going to get some videos and pics of your contest tomorrow and put them on here billy

Since you were able to make it out last night, you will not be as disappointed to know the person I had asked to press the record button on the camera I has set up, did not press the record button. It was good to see you out there. I've known about making race chains long enough to know it is no ones fault but my own for not trying to go down that road, LOL. I hope you can make it out there next year!

cowroy

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have family in Stanley County if it was reasonable driving distance from there I’d be interested. That’s about as far east as I’d really want to have to drive back from the evening after.

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can probably make it happen , in Asheboro. ..Jimmy knows the way

Sawhawgz, ruining the internet since 2012...

I have not forgotten about this, someone had mentioned Asheboro. That is kind of close to the center of the state. The land there you are talking about, is there room for parking and the GTG?

Termitebuffet

Home of the corn can muffler .....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have not forgotten about this, someone had mentioned Asheboro. That is kind of close to the center of the state. The land there you are talking about, is there room for parking and the GTG?
I got an area maybe not quite enough, trying to think ..been busy

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got an area maybe not quite enough, trying to think ..been busy

That's fine, no problem. I'm just trying to move forward with throwing something together, if it isn't anything but a meeting over dinner trying to find a location and coming up with the over all cost of the event.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I always look forward to my visits to see him. Ain't no finer person out there!

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone have an idea where a good spot would be in NC? There is a chance I could find a place, but it will be very remote and very primitive (not shelters and no electricity). Just to give you an idea of the area, search Derby, NC on Google maps. It will suggest other places, but force it to Derby, NC. its kind of close to NC HWY 211 and 220/I-73. I didn't want to go there because if anyone got hurt its a long ride for help.

Another option is Lumberton, NC at Currie Chainsaw, address 1311 W 5th st. That is a family business, but there are so many hands in the business now liability will most likely be a concern for some family members, but better location for sure.

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may know a place, near Knightdale, it’s an RC club. I’m going to an event there this weekend and will check with the club officers. It handles 30 pilots plus friends easily. We have generators for power, a covered shelter with work benches.

Our normal crowd is fairly rowdy, there isn’t anyone around to annoy.

I don’t know anything about putting something like this on but I bet there are folks already on this thread who could help out there.

Stay tuned I’ll get back after the event.

@usmcbuckwild if you want to pop up and check it out we are having a heli event there this weekend.

7C27CA50-3E2F-4E90-B3B5-B0AE436D34DE.jpeg

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I may know a place, near Knightdale, it’s an RC club. I’m going to an event there this weekend and will check with the club officers. It handles 30 pilots plus friends easily. We have generators for power, a covered shelter with work benches.

Our normal crowd is fairly rowdy, there isn’t anyone around to annoy.

I don’t know anything about putting something like this on but I bet there are folks already on this thread who could help out there.

Stay tuned I’ll get back after the event.

@usmcbuckwild if you want to pop up and check it out we are having a heli event there this weekend.

View attachment 159811

Thanks for the invite, I’ll have to see what the ‘Boss’ has planned for this weekend.