High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Any experience based reviews on HL Supply clutch cover??

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
OK, I am not inherently against AM parts or HL Supply. Being one of our site sponsors I will not hesitate to buy from HL should the need arise.

Having said that, I will be needing a clutch cover for my 394 build soon. If I can't find a nice used OEM unit I am considering buying one from HL Supply. I just want to make sure it is of good quality and will hold up. Has anyone here bought one and is willing to share your experience?

Here is what I'm looking at: http://www.hlsproparts.com/Husqvarna-394-395-XP-sprocket-cover-with-brake-p/h60395.htm

Thanks in advance

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's exactly what I'm looking to hear about. Sounds like a viable option if I can't hunt up a nice used OEM piece.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a 272 and cut it to fit on my 670. The brake is nice and tight and will stop it dead quick

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Two years plus. 660 wide cover with dual spikes and the catcher, no problems. It's all OEM but the wide cover. Fit nice still does. Sent several standard covers out over the years. Nothing came back and no complaints. Some with OEM duals and some AM single and dual spike. One needed a screw hole drilled no big deal. Good cover @ HLS.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a am cover on my dads 394 and it's been fine, seems good so far other than the screw that holds the brake handle stripped so I put oem nut back on, works good.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got a am cover on my dads 394 and it's been fine, seems good so far other than the screw that holds the brake handle stripped so I put oem nut back on, works good.
"Stripped screw?"
Mason, please don't give those looney stihl heads any more ammunition . It's all they wanna rant and rave about...
Loose this...
No torque...
Stripped that.... Oh wait....

I'm like the "sergeant at arms" of that club.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"Stripped screw?"
Mason, please don't give hose looney stihl heads any more ammunition . It's all they wanna rant and rave about...
Loose this...
No torque...
Stripped that.... Oh wait....

I'm like the "sergeant at arms" of that club.... :rolleyes:
lol maybe it fell out from the vibration ruining the threads in the case ?

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
clutch cover is like tires( on a car) to me...a "wear" item . replace as necessary....often and cheaply.
find me a 394/5 that don't have a few missing fins... :(

What ever ya call these broken things

View attachment 63990

clutch cover, starter recoil....wear items.

just checking... sounded like you had your nomenclature kinda....uh... backwards

and yes, pretty much everything on a chainsaw is a wear item hehe. I generally consider flywheels to not be a wear item. ...but even thats debateable :)

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
just checking... sounded like you had your nomenclature kinda....uh... backwards

and yes, pretty much everything on a chainsaw is a wear item hehe. I generally consider flywheels to not be a wear item. ...but even thats debateable :)

What day heck is those broken spokes called on every husky starter recoil ?
Are they fins? Or sumthin else ?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would call them vents. Their sole purpose is to allow the flywheel fan blades to draw fresh air in to aid in engine cooling.