another lesson learned - simple things first

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
10:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
had this pp375 for couple years. ran well after I got it and did the standard "new" saw drill. recently it would start and idle well but would stutter at wot.
replaced seals (shoulda done it earlier), new filter, and re-rebuilt carb. same thing.
decided yesterday I would get to the bottom of this as this is a great saw. decided to replace the fuel line even though it is soft and pliable. after taking the starter cover off I finally noticed the vent line was kinked, wtf? replaced the vent line and the saw started, idles, and revved like it sposed to. gotta get it in some wood for the final test but am somewhat confident.
This just shows to go ya that its usually the simple things. glad I saw the vent cause idda never thought of that. live and learn

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
10:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recently put new rings in a 372xp and when I pulled the plug the metal coil from the boot stayed on the plug, it was broke off in there.
when I put it back together I arranged it so the broken pieces were making contact, it fired up and ran well, no problem.
A week or so later when I started it it ran poorly for a few seconds then quit, did this 3 times so off I go to the store to get a new boot & metal coil, after applying these I checked the kill switch to make sure it was on and it wasn't, then I remembered it has a bad kill switch which doesn't shut off rite away, I had not turned the switch on when I tried to start previously and just enough got thru it to be a problem.

John

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had the spacer gasket back assward on the diaphragm of an 042 Stihl and over looked it .Had the carb apart three times and missed it Pissed me off so much I shelved it for two years as punishment .Finally regained my composure one day then finally found it .Stupid is as stupid does ,duh .

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
9:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
At least simple fixes are cheap. That's why I always hope to find simple problems.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Was given a pressure washer with a dead honda GC190,,after much frustration I found two problems, original problem was it had jumped a notch on the timimg belt, fixed that I guess the owner couldnt find that but had the coil tested (tested good) and he put that on backwards, it fits quite well you cant tell. I was watching a youtube video about fixing these and noticed the coil. Now have great pressure washer.
BBB

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
11:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was given a pressure washer with a dead honda GC190,,after much frustration I found two problems, original problem was it had jumped a notch on the timimg belt, fixed that I guess the owner couldnt find that but had the coil tested (tested good) and he put that on backwards, it fits quite well you cant tell. I was watching a youtube video about fixing these and noticed the coil. Now have great pressure washer.
BBB
Another of my gems.

Honda GX290 motor

New carb, gas tank, coil

Adjusted Valves, etc...

Was the spark plug

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Makita DCS340, ran poorly had it since near new, rides on the back of my ATV,, go to use it, it starts and runs but poorly, well this goes on for the summer, me thinks its time for a carb kit so I do that, check the fuel lines etc all good,, So I kit it,WTF no change!!!
Well ya all know when you check a spark plug you hold it tip up,,, well the insulater inside had cracked and was falling/sliding down the electrode!!! Just happened to notice that when I pulled the plug, which I had done many times B4. It is now a keychain.
BBB
plug.jpg