Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im flying into portland amd grabbing a cheap rental car at the airport, better flight times and much cheaper overall
Ill send some stuff out to Jim if the shirts get back from the orintwr in time.
See you guys there!!

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
3:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Im flying into portland amd grabbing a cheap rental car at the airport, better flight times and much cheaper overall
Ill send some stuff out to Jim if the shirts get back from the orintwr in time.
See you guys there!!
I suspect you may have found out there's a couple very large nude beaches a few miles down river from the Portland airport. :D

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've booked a room at the Guest House, Crossland was fine list year for $55/night but the price this time was basically the same for the Guesthouse and the reviews for Guesthouse were much better. Now to see if I can actually get away...what saws to bring; what saws to bring.

Mark

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rooms are booked for Springfield and the trip out. I have a bit of overdue yard work to get finished up (it's only been 4 or 5 years) then I can try to get a few saws ready, load the truck, pick up a few supplies, and start the road trip. I expect to have a few less saws with me than last year....

Mark

Hoggwood

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes.
Leaving Tuesday for a lazy drive down.

You heading down 97 Bob? 10 hours or so from here I am guessing.

I might try a last minute getaway if I can swing a couple of "discretionary" days at work. Might be something in the cards to make it so. Never been to a GTG.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You heading down 97 Bob? 10 hours or so from here I am guessing.

I might try a last minute getaway if I can swing a couple of "discretionary" days at work. Might be something in the cards to make it so. Never been to a GTG.
97 is a very nice drive, staying in Quincy and Bend on the way. GTG is a great time,, hooked after the first one,,,

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still not sure I qualify -

Has saws 76cc+ Check on that one times at least 50
Cut big trees Have done many time, but not currently
Well rounded in the wood rotund I am
Possibly certified logger nope
Will make videos of saws anywhere on "God's green earth. dot dot" Yes

So 3.5 out of 5 :)

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A328229A-93BD-4F75-B6F6-6C635711066B.jpeg 75FA4B7D-EF59-4E2F-A5CD-A08A2CC6A3FA.jpeg E2780DCA-39E0-4694-959D-59130C397590.jpeg 6336642F-325A-4FE7-B8DF-4F61E27CCD58.jpeg C0FFF030-870C-4932-AF8D-2A84EA313D92.jpeg Made an opportunity to attend this years GTG. Pacific Northwest sogginess has its way this year!! Had a great time finally getting to put a few faces with names. Following is a few photos I took...

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There should be a ton of pics and video from this years GTG, its been a great time so far, met a bunch of faceless names i have “known” online for a few years now.
Bob Anderson’s Husqvarna 50 is a special one, it has all the temperament of a race saw, just needs chaining to run in th cant :)
@Chainsaw Jim built a truly inspirational 394/064 hybrid, the entire top end is a HUsky 394 transplant and it just works!!!
Also his 024 and 5400 pipe saw are fun beasts.
Big saws and big wood aplenty out here and of course rain that pours and then goes away for a few hours only to return :)
I threw an axe for the first time LOL.
@mark Heinmann gave me a great course in the real differences between the CP125 and SP125 and he and @Eccentric schooled me on what i am really going to need to do to turn the Super 797 that @Mastermind gave me become a rip snorting dragon.
Met a bunch of Sawhawgz and OPE, AS stalwarts including big bad bob, PRJ, hefalump, frank Bierce, madhatte, and plenty of guys who are quieter online but great in person.
Hell BigBadBob and i took a bi-racial selfie (he’s Canadian, eh?).
Beautiful property, excellent food and I am gonna head back there this morning for a bit more tomfoolery before i have to fly back to warm, dry Columbus :)
For guys searching for the next great undiscovered gem out there, keep your eyes open for a Solo 680, they are huge and pretty damn great both stock and ported and i am really warming up to the Dolmar 133 and 143. Uncle Lee has been trying to seduce me to the Dolmar dark side and it turns out its not just his that run great:)
Mark brought a McCulloch 10-10 generator/battery charger back to life

A quartet of 125s - check
A pair of 111S - check
3100G - check
Solo twin - check
Wangle dolmar - check
BP-1 - check
Echo twins - checka check check check
9’ bar on an 090G - check
Mastermind 090 with a 7’ bar - check
Dolmar 166s - check
Several dozen 42” plus saw/bar combos to run - check
Cants and logs and monster logs oh my!!

Apparently this GTG has been running for more than a dozen years and there are t-shirts out there for most/all of them, i got my 2018 tee yesterday :)

I will try to get some vids up later in the week as i am preparing for a yard sale this coming weekend and I will get the rest of the vids from our may 8 mini gtg posted soon as well.

Vive la Oregon
Dave