High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Annoying Issue

Roost426

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a Total Super bar, 28" marked 93DL on my 7900, the chains can't be tightened anymore after awhile, when they still have a lot of life left. I can't find hardly any premade 92 drive link chains and I am going to assume 91 will not fit. So I guess I just need to order 92 drivers by the link? Seems to cost a few extra bucks over the premade ones :(

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Total Super bar, 28" marked 93DL on my 7900, the chains can't be tightened anymore after awhile, when they still have a lot of life left. I can't find hardly any premade 92 drive link chains and I am going to assume 91 will not fit. So I guess I just need to order 92 drivers by the link? Seems to cost a few extra bucks over the premade ones :(
It might be just a worn bar but it also could that chain has worn and stretch. If this case even though the cutter are still good the chain is no longer useable without damaging the spur drive and if the bar has a sprocket it too.

I have customers that want their chains shorten too but many time the chains are worn out and are damage the drives. I just did one on a Homelite that binding at the spur due chain stretch.

Now if it is just bar rails wear then removing a link should work. Remember removing one 3/8" link actuals shortens the chain 3/4"+- and .325" becomes .650+- shorter.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
6:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
'Chain stretch' is pretty common - it's actually the rivet holes wearing. A few thousandths here, a few more there, and pretty soon the chain is too big! Common fix is to have someone remove a drive link.

As noted, a worn chain can add wear to a drive sprocket, but you have to consider the cost of the chain, the cost of the sprocket, the life left in each, etc., to determine the value to you.

Another 'fix', if you have rim sprockets, is to try using a higher tooth count drive sprocket (e.g. go from 7 to 8, 0r 8 to 9, etc.). And maybe just use that rim with those chains.

You can try ordering a 92DL chain, and installing it with a new drive sprocket to see if it fits - could be too tight!

Philbert

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
7:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dolmar is a little closer from center of case out than a husky. 92 is what a lot of their bars are that come with the saws.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can remove a drive link pretty easily with basic tools. In a pinch I've done it in the field with a chain file, nail and hatchet.