All Things 288XP

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
1:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can order the list you have tomorrow. The color looks pretty spot on I think.
That would be great! One of those pesky operator presence springs would also be nice if you can get one. Shoot me a PM with the total tomorrow and I'll send funds via PayPal if that works for you.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A little corrosion on the case, still appears to be strong. I think it's fine, Anyone see any issue with running this? View attachment 66638

No but personally I would put a sanding drum in the Dremel and clean that area up a bit and then paint and bake.

Lots of 288 love recently on the site, I am really digging it. :)

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No but personally I would put a sanding drum in the Dremel and clean that area up a bit and then paint and bake.

Lots of 288 love recently on the site, I am really digging it. :)
That's what I was thinking on the corrosion. Thanks. This is my first 288, I had never even heard one run in person before today. Love the ting ting idle

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The throttle lever can be warmed with a heat gun gently and bent to shape.

I have a non decomp KS cylinder here if you want it. Probably some other odds and ends as well, just let me know what you need.
I prefer a decomp on these bigger saws and Dustin has me covered for what I need at the moment but I will definitely get in touch should a need arise. Thanks a ton for offering...much appreciated

ny15

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On any expert on the corrosion thing, do you clean and replace material in order to keep c c v as close to original?

op, very very cool project. awesome detail.

Not a corrosion expert but I'll be cleaning it up as rattler stated. Sand any roughness off and clean it. I'll be using an etching primer as I assume magnesium is a lot like aluminum when it comes to getting a good bond with paint.