All Things 288XP

JonCT

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been looking on CL for a while and every one I found got snatched up before I could get to it. Found this out of state and was lucky enough to find an honest seller. All original, very well maintained 1989 288xp compression checks out at 165 psi. I haven’t run it yet but I’m very happy so far.

JonCT

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was looking it over and noticed that someone removed the two front rubber anti-vibe mounts...is there a purpose for that? I’m going to put some back in there.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was looking it over and noticed that someone removed the two front rubber anti-vibe mounts...is there a purpose for that? I’m going to put some back in there.
It seems I recall that the front tank mounts weren’t installed from the factory if the big spring mount was there.

Someone smarter than me please correct me if that’s not correct.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are correct Josh, most saws have a screw with a square nut on the front 2 AV if they have the 7th mount, but I always add 2 rubber mounts on mine, I prefer the other 4 to be spring.
Thanks for confirming Dustin. I added the front mounts when I rebuilt mine as well. Rubber all around for mine, I like the feel of it.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want to convert mine to all rubber also. Now's a good time since I broke one of the spring mounts.
I'll do the same thing and will also be a good time since I sold my old tank with all the springs in it. The new tank will get all new rubber mounts.