Air nailer's

junkman

Crush it
Local time
8:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You also probably have wider shakes than here...eastern white is like maybe 10" down to around 3"...that makes for alot of nails!
The worst part of it was the ends of the shed dormer that's on the house...the rakes on either side are only 16" wide...not alot of room to move, nevermind cutting all the angles on the shakes...*f-word Ing sucked!
My upper story is all cedar shingles ,and shed dormers also, i threw some board and batton in the upper gables to get 3 types of siding,our shingles are same sizr as yours

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run Duofast framing, Bostich finish, and a ez-fit cn65sp coil siding nailer. I went to my Duofast dealer to buy a Max coil nailer and he talked me into the EZ FIT. It's been flawless.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You know I tried a titanium... To me it just felt way weird. Had a sorta large head but weightless .. Also had a long handle. You could swing the *s-word outta it but I couldn't make myself like it. It was in the carpentry tool trailer I didn't make it through the day with it. It was a retired guys hammer he had left behind I did score his tool belt though nice leather and all broken in

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that a stiletto brand w the nail starter there junk man?

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that a stiletto brand w the nail starter there junk man?
They are both stilletto sir
Originally came w a rubberish grip?
The all metal one has a rubber grip ,can get regular or axe grip ,i like the axe handles ,better feel to me ,i have better control with them .
On the all metal one the hammer face is replaceable for when the waffle gets smashed ,or you can put a smooth one on for when working on trim so not to mar up the wood with waffle marks .i have had it come loose is the only drawback so a drop of locktite is good .
I think the all metal one is around 200 bucks ,the wood handle version is around 100 bucks .
Pricey for a hammer ,but very nice tools .

Last edited:

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Laid out the 2 brands of nailer's to show what i was talking about earlier ,both 15 guage ,but use different nails at different angles .The bostich nails are a little thicker ,i used it when putting my wood flooring in when got close to the wall .nailing the tounges down on the boards when the floor nailer had no room to swing the mallet .My first 15 guage nailer was a ridgid ,i liked the feel of it ,but it backfired a nail and wiped out all the hammer drive stuff .the little hook on the hitachi i salvaged off the rigid the end cap bolted right on the hitachi .The swivel air fitting i get off the snap on truck are nice also when working in tight areas .nailers house 5-3-16 011.jpg nailers house 5-3-16 012.jpg nailers house 5-3-16 013.jpg nailers house 5-3-16 014.jpg

cantgitright

i am Mastermind's other profile
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Laid out the 2 brands of nailer's to show what i was talking about earlier ,both 15 guage ,but use different nails at different angles .The bostich nails are a little thicker ,i used it when putting my wood flooring in when got close to the wall .nailing the tounges down on the boards when the floor nailer had no room to swing the mallet .My first 15 guage nailer was a ridgid ,i liked the feel of it ,but it backfired a nail and wiped out all the hammer drive stuff .the little hook on the hitachi i salvaged off the rigid the end cap bolted right on the hitachi .The swivel air fitting i get off the snap on truck are nice also when working in tight areas .View attachment 20896 View attachment 20897 View attachment 20898 View attachment 20899
my bostitch is an FN type also...is the max nail length longer on the bostitch than the hitachi? mine is 2- 1/2"...

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my bostitch is an FN type also...is the max nail length longer on the bostitch than the hitachi? mine is 2- 1/2"...
I can check tonight ,That box says 2 1/2 on the side for the bostich so i know it does 2 1/2 ,the hitachi i can not remember if 2 or 2 1/2 is max

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Much ado about trim nailers . I tried two on ash trim 3/4" thick ,didn't work. About like driving a nail in concrete .Ya gotsta drill a little hole in that stuff .

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it says 2 - 1/2 also the hitachi

No mention of Senco so far, they available over there or just not liked? Over here you are not a Pro if using any other brand, I have some of every brand...LOL

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No mention of Senco so far, they available over there or just not liked? Over here you are not a Pro if using any other brand, I have some of every brand...LOL

I have several Senco guns and like them very well. I have owned several Paslodes as well. Both air guns and cordless fuel guns in framing and finishing models.

junkman

Crush it
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Senco was popular here 10 years ago and more ,but they were heavy guns ,well built though ,but heavy ,the modern Hitachi is the pro choice around here ,well built ,lighter weight,bostitch is another popular gun around here ,the Max line like the framer i have is the lightest weight i could find ,and my lumber store carries them ,they are compact to go between a 14 1/2 inch joist 90 degrees ,most other guns have to angle them a bit to fit ,they are one of the more expensive guns out there ,but you get what you pay for kind of thing applies .
On the Hitachi guns ,they have 2 styles ,the generic green metal ones i have are the better ones in my opinion ,they have some that look like a spaceship or athletic shoe that do not seem as well built .