Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
12:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That means it is becoming more sporty.
I am on the fence about opening the transferrs. I might try primary first ...........................

I ran the saw for 2 cuts after modding the muffler, shut her down, looked under the HD2 and saw fines in the carb. Thats when I decided to make a MaxFlow fit my 661

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
9:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really like the maxflo, best filtration option for a Stihl

People put the Max-Flo systems down because they're "ugly," but I was always able to go 3-5 days in the brush without servicing the Max-Flo as compared to only being able to go 4-5 hours with a stock Stihl filter. I don't care if the Max-Flo flowed more air or not- being able to go that long between cleanings was well worth it.

michaelmj11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
People put the Max-Flo systems down because they're "ugly," but I was always able to go 3-5 days in the brush without servicing the Max-Flo as compared to only being able to go 4-5 hours with a stock Stihl filter. I don't care if the Max-Flo flowed more air or not- being able to go that long between cleanings was well worth it.

I have been trying to find where to simply buy the filters, rather than the whole kit. Anybody got a hint? Or just call maxflow in the morning?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just spoke with MaxFlow filters (Joseph) and they are developing a kit for the 661 now.

There might be some final tests needed, but the basic framework is just about nailed down.

When I get more info, I'll pass it along

michaelmj11

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I just spoke with MaxFlow filters (Joseph) and they are developing a kit for the 661 now.

There might be some final tests needed, but the basic framework is just about nailed down.

When I get more info, I'll pass it along

Well that is good to hear, and thank you for sharing.

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
great news, was going to use an older HD filter and throw the foam around it and I still might...... but an actual kit will be purchased.

Now the waiting game. lol

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
great news, was going to use an older HD filter and throw the foam around it and I still might...... but an actual kit will be purchased.

Now the waiting game. lol
Cut out the entire filter media in the HD, then it is just a screen/frame for the MaxFlow

burkesw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The maxflo can fit on a 661 if you canabalize an HD filter and just put the foam element over the cage

Stupid (newb) question here... Would there be a benefit to putting that canabalized HD maxflo filter on a 394/395xp? Think it would fit in the hightop?

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here is a shameless plug. I just got the stock filter from HL suppy, the aftermarket stock style one. It's the one with the foam insert, paper filter w/ screen on the outside of it and a felt overwrap. Looks nice compared to my factory OEM steel screen filter. What do you folks have to say about these filters? Do you oil the inner foam insert?