Air filter pics

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it possible to put too much oil in the filter? I use the bag method and load up the filter and then squeeze like the dickens. Squish out as much oil as possible. It this correct? Best way?
Filter seems to have plenty of oil on and in it.

NCPT

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got a used 550xp and cleaned it up last night. I was surprised how much gunk was in there. Read up on filters for the 550 and went to get an orange filter today. Dealer says they're junk and gave me one, I paid for the white one and the yellow one came with the saw.
20181214_161446.jpg

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it possible to put too much oil in the filter? I use the bag method and load up the filter and then squeeze like the dickens. Squish out as much oil as possible. It this correct? Best way?
Filter seems to have plenty of oil on and in it.
Yes it is possible to over oil a filter, the bag method works, but you only want to coat everything with oil, not soak it. Over oiling will reduce air flow, may protect well but can deduce performance. I have had new k+n filters for my banshee that came over oiled, bike wouldn’t rev out, had to clean and reoil the filter, ran great! Another subject, in mass air flow fuel injection the mass airflow sensor can be compromised by over oiling the air filter.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it is possible to over oil a filter, the bag method works, but you only want to coat everything with oil, not soak it. Over oiling will reduce air flow, may protect well but can deduce performance. I have had new k+n filters for my banshee that came over oiled, bike wouldn’t rev out, had to clean and reoil the filter, ran great! Another subject, in mass air flow fuel injection the mass airflow sensor can be compromised by over oiling the air filter.

I've seen that before too.
PIA