High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Aftermarket parts question

Xtr3me

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a MS260 Pro that the piston is badly scored, Very skeptical of cheap p/c kits being sold on Ebay. I would like to go OEM but the price tag made me put my hands back in my pockets.

From research, it appears there are several descent aftermarket kits available and I've read a lot of responses recommending caber rings regardless of kit.

So, my question to the OPE community is for recommendations / suggestions of p/c kits and who is best source to purchase from?

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
5:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've repaired, built, and refurbed more than I have fingers and toes. I've yet to find a aftermarket kit that satisfied my thirst for quality.
Others may chime in. I'd see if I could clean up the cylinder with the Mastermind method (there is a thread on here - others more experience with search could post a link)
Then go to flea bay and buy an OEM piston and rings. They can be bought cheaper than a Meteor these days. Well wishes on the rebuild!

Xtr3me

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Oops, I just noticed I posted in the wrong section as there is a section specifically for aftermarket [arts.
I do apologize, could a MOD please move to Aftermarket Section or delete and I'll post again in correct category?

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I wouldn't use a cheap Chinese AM top end if you paid me. The only exception to this would be a meteor kit, then throw the rings away and put some cabers in. Will the cylinder be as good as a mahle OEM? No. But it'll be plenty good enough, the saw will still be a good strong runner, and it'll last, especially at 32:1