High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Aftermarket Fuel Tank & Plastics - Stihl ms361

jrobie79

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have an ms361 that I'm rebuilding, had the case powder coated and now I'm finally putting it together. My fuel tank is beat to hell, and I discovered a hairline crack, so I figured I'd replace it, with the plastic covers which are pretty much beyond being able to be R&R'ed.

Anyone have opinions on the aftermarket fuel tanks and plastic covers that are all over various sites and eBay? Recommended sellers for the best fitting ones? I haven't priced out OEM ones at my dealer yet, but I'm sure the cost is over the top for these items.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
12:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I meant to ask you before, @Adamski, Did you get stung with import duties ,

I had a chainsaw bar sent to me. From someone on here the decimal point was not clear so it looked like 800 instead of 8.00 customs wanted something like 120 /130 pounds vat

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the tank vent doesn't need fiddling with and the cap doesn't leak they are pretty good. Also the master control lever can have interference issues that can hamper a full choke, which is easily correctable. The fuel caps from Definitive Dave work great and are highly recommended.
Once all the bugs are out (if present) they seem to do just fine and are a good cost effective option.
HL Supply is a good place to purchase and ships from the US.

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I meant to ask you before, @Adamski, Did you get stung with import duties ,

I had a chainsaw bar sent to me. From someone on here the decimal point was not clear so it looked like 800 instead of 8.00 customs wanted something like 120 /130 pounds vat

Nope never with Huztl

jrobie79

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If the tank vent doesn't need fiddling with and the cap doesn't leak they are pretty good. Also the master control lever can have interference issues that can hamper a full choke, which is easily correctable. The fuel caps from Definitive Dave work great and are highly recommended.
Once all the bugs are out (if present) they seem to do just fine and are a good cost effective option.
HL Supply is a good place to purchase and ships from the US.

I appreciate it all the info!, I have brand new OEM fuel and oil flip caps picked up off chainsawr, hopefully they work without issue on an AM tank. Any way to determine if there's any interference with the control lever prior to getting the saw running?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I appreciate it all the info!, I have brand new OEM fuel and oil flip caps picked up off chainsawr, hopefully they work without issue on an AM tank. Any way to determine if there's any interference with the control lever prior to getting the saw running?

Was hard to start which lead me to investigate. Just have to go by feel, if it seems like it takes extra effort to get the last little bit of movement out of it with the cover on, than off.
More than likely it's just fine as is.

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Never had an issue with the 361 one I got. I have oem hoses but never came in time to fit. The Huztl one has not melted yet.

jrobie79

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Everything else besides the bearings, rubber intake manifold, and 95% of the AV stuff is OEM, I got SKF bearings, so I'm not too concerned with that. I'm gonna order the tank and covers later this afternoon, I'll update this thread when I have everything together.

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At one point I thought all AM tanks were the same quality and possibly from the same factory. The quality is definitely different from some of the lesser Chinese eBay vendors. I got an 038 tank that leaked and had other issues from a seller not associated with Huztl/Farmertec. It wasn’t branded.

I’ve had good luck with an 038 and 660 tank from Huztl. I ordered another 660 for an upcoming 064 build (yes, I like building those). It looks great.

I’ve also used plastics for 036 and 460. No issues, but feel different from oem and had some minor edge flash.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
At one point I thought all AM tanks were the same quality and possibly from the same factory. The quality is definitely different from some of the lesser Chinese eBay vendors. I got an 038 tank that leaked and had other issues from a seller not associated with Huztl/Farmertec. It wasn’t branded.

I’ve had good luck with an 038 and 660 tank from Huztl. I ordered another 660 for an upcoming 064 build (yes, I like building those). It looks great.

I’ve also used plastics for 036 and 460. No issues, but feel different from oem and had some minor edge flash.
Same same. 361 660 am tanks need caps and fuel line like Steve said " for the long haul."