Advice needed Stihl Hs76 hedge cutter carb

Martin

The new boy
Local time
12:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm after a little help from someone in the know. I have a stihl Hs76 single sided hedge cutter with a Walbro wt264 I think, it's playing up and not running right I have stripped, ultra sonic cleaned new diapham and gaskets but still not running right. I wondering if any zama Carbs will fit as these are a lot more readily available. Or will I have to still to Walbro? Thanks for the advice.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you done a pressure and vac test? Could be a leaking gaskets or seals that is causing it to be hard to tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What is the running problem.
Finding any replacement carb may be a challenge. the carbs from the FS72,74,76 should work.

Martin

The new boy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know that the hedge cutter has been sitting for about 2 years with fuel in so guessing it's blocked somewhere. When I undone the cap the smell was horrendous. I have just found a fs55 zama carb and it looks nearly the same so will try that tomura as it's a bit late now and I don't think neighbours will be to impressed.

Martin

The new boy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What is the running problem.
Finding any replacement carb may be a challenge. the carbs from the FS72,74,76 should work.

The machine will run full speed for a while then when goes to tick over it nearly dies, won't pick up again and when it does it won't rev constant, up and down

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
New fuel line?

Did you have the needle out when you cleaned the carb?

Did you hold the carb body up to a light while the needle was out and visibly check that passage?

Martin

The new boy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes fitted new lines as old ones were rotted also fitted new plug, fuel filter and airfilter.
I stripped everything out of the carb even mesh gauses and replaced the lot with new.
I had my magnifying glass out to check all passage ways and all looked clear, but I guess it only takes a really small bit of crap to block somewhere