High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

A tail of two "Hyway" cylinder kit builds, A Stilh & A Husqvarna ...:)

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put a Hyway kit "untouched" on a 461 and one i had to true up & also got the squish right as a result on a 372..Displacement vs. compression.....good for conversation I think.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you think the blue saw has more in it with a tune? The 372 and clone 660 sounded very safe kinda a long bar/stumping tune to me it could be the video too. Have you put a tach on them to see what they are actually running no load and in wood rpm? One thing ive noticed with aftermarket coils is the timing. I have some (10) for the 6xx jonnys that are very aggressive ie no retard for starting. I went back to oem to test and my recoil jerking was gone but so was alot of performance. Curious if you have noticed the same trends with the coils as i have.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you think the blue saw has more in it with a tune? The 372 and clone 660 sounded very safe kinda a long bar/stumping tune to me it could be the video too. Have you put a tach on them to see what they are actually running no load and in wood rpm? One thing ive noticed with aftermarket coils is the timing. I have some (10) for the 6xx jonnys that are very aggressive ie no retard for starting. I went back to oem to test and my recoil jerking was gone but so was alot of performance. Curious if you have noticed the same trends with the coils as i have.

Short answer is there is a lot left in the saw, tune plus a little compression increase will make a huge difference. Next part...is it worth it? TO some it might be, for me its really not. Just run the thing until it quits is my plan...and if there is enough firewood and logs to be sold to pay off the investment its a win...(already way past that point ) For 300 bucks they land at your door step. Then depending on a persons priority they decide what to do...it has shaped up to be a decent saw.....and all the time spent to modify it and/or sending to someone else to do what I could do is time its not doing its job...cutting wood. Earning its keep on the farm.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you tune it atall after unboxing it? I like the blue color but really dont care for the way stihls are built. After wrenching on 2xx huskys and jonnys im spoiled with their simplicity.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you tune it atall after unboxing it? I like the blue color but really dont care for the way stihls are built. After wrenching on 2xx huskys and jonnys im spoiled with their simplicity.
Just leaned it out 1/2 turn

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow they had it set super safe tune. Probably just in case a real tool bought it and dont know how to tune. Did you check it to see if it has the 54mm or the 56mm? Im real curious how the topend is wearing. I have a few ft topends for firewood guys for a couple years now. They look like the day i put them in. 1 guy runs 50:1 husky oil eventhough i told him 32:1 the others are 32:1 with citgo aircooled. I had 3 fail right away husky/farmer tec 346 kits plating peeled or rings broke on them within the first tank the customer used. We really are chasing a moving target using aftermarket parts. I had bought 8 of the kits at the same time from the same vendor built them all the same way and broke them in myself with 1 tank each. The ones the plating faild they died in my hands before the first tank was gone.