A running conundrum

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fer sure. And if you have the tools pressure test any aftermarket carbs too. Lots of them have missedadjustd metering levers and metering spring not seated properly.

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the younger I was the more I thought I knew.
The older I get get the more I know what I don't know.
Everyday I try to learn something new.
We all start somewhere.

My "zen moment" of the evening.

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The biggest problem I've noted with the Asian saw kits is not that they need to be pressure tested, but that they need the crap cleaned out of them, especially in the bearings, but also in the tanks, etc. One of the 440 kits was driving me crazy, so I ended up just swapping out the whole tank handle and it ran fine after that. Not sure exactly what was wrong, but I had changed out about everything else, and that cured it!

I always flush all the bearings (main + large rod) with WD-40 before I even turn them, and I have yet to have any bearing fail other than a piston pin bearing, so for $10 ea I always use OEM piston pin bearings. I've replaced a seal on 2 of the 660 kits, when I saw they were damaged when I inserted the crank, but have not had any leaks on any of the others.

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had one bad bearing. Just replaced both and the seals.

The pics above were from a test run at my buddy's farm the past Sunday. 4 hours of cutting to see were we are. Tore it apart tonight and that's what I saw. Glad I ordered that impulse line last week. YIKES!!