AND faster and stronger too![emoji41]

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
8:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That 026 looked slow compared to the other two saws in video. I bet a .325 setup and a muffler mod alone makes it cut a lot faster.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 026 is running 16" bar with 3/8th x 0.063 Carlton semi-chisel
That 026 looked slow compared to the other two saws in video. I bet a .325 setup and a muffler mod alone makes it cut a lot faster.
It should :rolleyes:.
I bet if it was full chisel it would be much faster, but 325 could help it, and 3/8 picco might help it more.
Yes... Technically speaking. [emoji106]
AND faster and stronger too![emoji41]
A little lighter does make a difference, and the 026 is a pretty light saw.
Out of all the saws that I ran last year the one that impressed me the most was an 026 that doc ported, pulled a 20"x 3/8 like a stock 60cc saw with a muffler mod, very impressed.
I have an 026 here that just might get a little treatment, just don't tell anyone I said anything positive about a stihl, I have a reputation to keep :aaaaa:.

Blackgreyhounds

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for reminding the readers of this. The 026 is currently set up for limbing and other nasty work with whatever I had on hand. It's not meant for cant racing or even for bucking anything more than a couple inches in diameter. I've got the 261, 361 and 461 for that. Maybe some day, I'll film the 026/261/361 with the same bar and chain set up.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for reminding the readers of this. The 026 is currently set up for limbing and other nasty work with whatever I had on hand. It's not meant for cant racing or even for bucking anything more than a couple inches in diameter. I've got the 261, 361 and 461 for that. Maybe some day, I'll film the 026/261/361 with the same bar and chain set up.
The picco chain works well for limbing the small stuff and can be spun with ease on a 50cc saw out to 18" and with a 20" if your just running it in small wood. I prefer an 18 on my 50cc saws mainly for the reach, and stick with the 325 on my huskys as it's just easier to do, but I like how smooth the picco cuts and it's not as grabby on the smaller stuff which means I don't have to run the saw wide open on small stuff.
I'm sure it works great for your intended purpose.

Blackgreyhounds

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm sure it works great for your intended purpose.
It should work great for the description I made up for it.. Picco would be a very cool set up. FWIW, It came up for sale locally at a great price, so I bought it and put whatever bar/chain/sprocket I had handy onto it. Then I made up a niche for it, partially to justify it to my wife. In reality, I have more than enough saws for my use. However, it will be fun to play with, but I will not be surprised if it winds up going on to a better home. After all, it's a super cool saw no matter what you want to use it for.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It should work great for the description I made up for it.. Picco would be a very cool set up. FWIW, It came up for sale locally at a great price, so I bought it and put whatever bar/chain/sprocket I had handy onto it. Then I made up a niche for it, partially to justify it to my wife. In reality, I have more than enough saws for my use. However, it will be fun to play with, but I will not be surprised if it winds up going on to a better home. After all, it's a super cool saw no matter what you want to use it for.
I always have an intended purpose when I buy a saw, but I'm not sure that myself or me always like what I intend on doing, glad my wife doesn't care, that would really be a mess:abrazo::risas3:.
Wait, you have more than enough, you need more storage space lol.
Most mine go to different homes, not sure how many are better(sorry everyone whose ever bought a saw from me):couch:.
I just like saws, what can I say.