malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
3:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow --- nice saws and shop.

You were asking about special tool for the carb -- doesn't look like it. One of your pics I could see the red limiter tab -- just trim the tabs off so both are just "cylinders" of plastic over the screws and regular screw driver will turn the H and L no prob. A good utility knife maks this task easy. If you muff mod then you have all the freedom you need to re-tune and feed her fuel proper :)

Enjoy!

NCPT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice find, I like my 346's
How'd it compare to the 550.
I know what I think, just curious what you thought.

20190511_144547.jpg
Well I haven't got to run them side by side yet. I had the 346 sent off for special treatment (see sticker in rear handle ;)) and when I picked it up, I dropped off the 550 for the same special treatment. Randy is a little over an hr from me and I spent an afternoon with him running and talking saws....great guy.

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 186833
Well I haven't got to run them side by side yet. I had the 346 sent off for special treatment (see sticker in rear handle ;)) and when I picked it up, I dropped off the 550 for the same special treatment. Randy is a little over an hr from me and I spent an afternoon with him running and talking saws....great guy.
That's sweet, a ported 346 is a whole different animal, and a ported 550 is violent depending on the work done.