A new Donyboy Video

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
5:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Donyboy has a lot of good useful info in his channel. A ton of videos! I asked about why he didn’t clean up cylinders a few years back and linked him to Randy’s vids. Can’t remember the exact reply but it was along the lines of liability. His stuff is for beginners.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Donyboy has a lot of good useful info in his channel. A ton of videos! I asked about why he didn’t clean up cylinders a few years back and linked him to Randy’s vids. Can’t remember the exact reply but it was along the lines of liability. His stuff is for beginners.
Especially with the lack of availability of 441 cylinders. 9 out of 10 of them strip the spark plug threads long before they burn up

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

DonyBoy is kinda like me. If he were to try and clean up a cylinder he would have to charge the customer his hourly rate and then guarantee his work. I've had folks bring me scored saws that I couldn't get a P&C at a price the cust wanted to spend. At $40/hr and "maybe" I can save the cylinder but you still need a piston won't get it. If I can't get parts I can't really help them. If you are working saws as a hobby that is one thing but if you are doing it as a business it is another. I have 2 Stihl dealers less than 8 miles from me. Both only use OEM and charge $89/hr labor. I see scored saws and if AM available I give them the choice of OEM or AM. Never used an OEM cylinder.