A LOOK INSIDE YOUR SHOP

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to be moving my moving my woodworking shop really soon and thought I'd ask about lighting.

In the farm shop we have HO T-5 that I really like they are bright.

My question is what what type of Led light would be comparable.

While LED's have come a long way and come down in price, I'm not sure the energy savings will be truly worth it. There longevity ratings are theoretical, not proven. If you need to replace fixtures your savings is gone. Also it's your shop, how many hours will they really be on?
T5 lighting is proven, it is great light quality, it's fairy inexpensive to buy, the bulbs last a good long time, and they are efficient.

Most importantly, to me, is that you have been very happy with them. You know what you are getting. I'd hate for you to buy something "better" and not be happy.

Dan

Douglas Ostrander

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been replacing my T8 florescent bulbs with led replacements as the regular bulbs go out. About $8 each. Middle row is now led replacement bulbs.

94a2a04be3ee9f63826b542baefebe0d.jpg

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While LED's have come a long way and come down in price, I'm not sure the energy savings will be truly worth it. There longevity ratings are theoretical, not proven. If you need to replace fixtures your savings is gone. Also it's your shop, how many hours will they really be on?
T5 lighting is proven, it is great light quality, it's fairy inexpensive to buy, the bulbs last a good long time, and they are efficient.

Most importantly, to me, is that you have been very happy with them. You know what you are getting. I'd hate for you to buy something "better" and not be happy.

Dan

Thanks Dan,
Somehow I missed this thread.:(

What you said is almost exactly what I was thinking. I just bought some 4 bulb HO T5. hopefully I'll get them up this week.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I finally got around to putting in the ceiling and lights. I just noticed that I took the pictures before I got the fourth light up.

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice bow press
Hey thanks buddy! Custom fab job from back when I worked for a sign company. Combined the best of a couple commercial presses and designed my own. We were in the process of making a couple EZ presses when I got laid off. Wish I still had access to all that equipment!

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey thanks buddy! Custom fab job from back when I worked for a sign company. Combined the best of a couple commercial presses and designed my own. We were in the process of making a couple EZ presses when I got laid off. Wish I still had access to all that equipment!
Me too, I'd prolly buy one from you.

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
6" is more than thick enough are you on crack?
Good afternoon Mrs.Randys mom, no mam I can't go down to the projects to get you some more crack. Besides they said last time that they weren't for gonna take your food stamps on trade anymore and you know Randy's still peeved after you made me trade his favorite Poulan....

junkman

Crush it
Local time
7:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy's mom is so ugly ,i can mix her face in some dough ,and make gorilla cookies .

Randy's Mom

The Big Kahuna...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Randy's mom is so ugly ,i can mix her face in some dough ,and make gorilla cookies .

Your Mom is so fat when she jumps the radio skips.

Good afternoon Mrs.Randys mom, no mam I can't go down to the projects to get you some more crack. Besides they said last time that they weren't for gonna take your food stamps on trade anymore and you know Randy's still peeved after you made me trade his favorite Poulan....

What is 75 foot long and has four teeth?