High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

A Barrett brother with a Creamsicle?? The heck you say!

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Picture what the fuel will do as the pump diaphragm moves up and down driven by impulse without those valves in place.

All it will do is pull fuel in from the fuel line and push it right back out into the fuel line. Very little if any at all will be pushed through the metering valve. Just all round dysfunctional pump

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bet the diaphragm gaskets disintegrated from age/old fuel. Is it a tillotson hu or walbro wt carb?

1990Husky262

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
some body just installed the wrong diaphragm. When you buy a rebuild kit there are multiple diaphragms and gaskets and there is

usually one like that with no flaps (dont know why, dont think i have ever come across a carb that uses that one)
K10-WAT-1.jpg

If you look at the picture that one is probley used in certain applications along with the black one with no pump membrane but has the flaps)

When You get your new kit pick the one that has both flaps and pump section ( just like the one in the top line, second one in)

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
some body just installed the wrong diaphragm. When you buy a rebuild kit there are multiple diaphragms and gaskets and there is

usually one like that with no flaps (dont know why, dont think i have ever come across a carb that uses that one)
K10-WAT-1.jpg

If you look at the picture that one is probley used in certain applications along with the black one with no pump membrane but has the flaps)

When You get your new kit pick the one that has both flaps and pump section ( just like the one in the top line, second one in)
Thank guys.

Yeah I was thinking it might be just as you said, a pump diaphragm with no flappers, and then another layer goes in with them in some applicatitons, but like you I haven't seen one yet

I did not install this kit, the carb is exactly as it was when I pulled the saw out of the junk pile. The correct diaphragm will go in when I receive my kit hopefully in a day or two. :)

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Thank guys.

Yeah I was thinking it might be just as you said, a pump diaphragm with no flappers, and then another layer goes in with them in some applicatitons, but like you I haven't seen one yet

I did not install this kit, the carb is exactly as it was when I pulled the saw out of the junk pile. The correct diaphragm will go in when I receive my kit hopefully in a day or two. :)
Looking forward to the testing Joe....always liked small saws , the 024-Ms 240 being one of them. :)
Take a look at the plastics between the 024 and the Ms 240.......
The 024 "seems" a little smaller due to the revised shell to bring it in line with the Ms 260.

Photo0459.jpg Photo1179.jpg

Last edited:

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Couple more.

Look at those open transfers on the old cylinder. Haven't seen open transfers quite like that before.
View attachment 155139

As she sits now. Cute lil Creamsicle :)
View attachment 155140 View attachment 155141

Many thanks to my good friend @PA Dan for the parts! Just a few more to go :)
Really interested in the cylinder you found on your saw Joe. I have not seen one like that on any 024 av . The cylinders i have seen are the closed duel trans port sort you have as a replacement. Can you date the saw? The 024 has been around since aprox 1982 and early ones had the "small choc brown" air filter (steel mesh). The pic i put up with the Ozaki bar is the earliest one iv had and from memory "seemed" to have very good Torq, so its got me thinking.. I never had that one apart so im wondering if the open port was what it had .

Last edited:

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can get more pics of it if you like Simon.

PA Dan helped me date the saw, it is a USA made saw and I can't remember exactly what year it turned out to be.

I'm at work right now, I'll get some pics of the old cylinder and post them up later when I get home

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can get more pics of it if you like Simon.

PA Dan helped me date the saw, it is a USA made saw and I can't remember exactly what year it turned out to be.

I'm at work right now, I'll get some pics of the old cylinder and post them up later when I get home
Thanks Joe...As and when ,no rush .

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score