High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

661 question of the day !!!

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
1:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yet another reason why I would rather not mess with used saws.

Same thing when someone asks me to rewind a starter or replace a primer bulb. You do that and THEN you get to fix the unit. Rarely is it just a cord or bulb.

I've seen pictures of saws sent for porting that were no closer to running than me winning a marathon.

Sweet Jesus ...my fav is "hey can you sharpen my chain?...oh while you're there can you look at the chain tensioner ? It seems loose." Oh yea....it was "loose" the crank was snapped in 1/2. Tensioner was fine ....

Been dicking with an 024 that I can't get to idle after a "hey can you sharpen my chain?" deal...carb cleaning, fuel lines, maybe seals....and NOBODY ever stays to lend a hand. ...never in my life have I said to a trades buddy...."hey can you help me with my transmission ? and dropped it off and left not even willing to "help" some. Somehow folks will toss a saw at you and say. "Hey....it's dull ...." And leave.
I've been thinking about saying....you need to clean and remove the chain and I'll sharpen it. Saw ain't my problem then.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If you're not dead set on a fully M-tronic why don't you just swap the carb out for a WJ-69? Then you won't have to worry about keeping solenoids on hand anyways.

If someone already said that I apologize. I must have missed it if you did.
Missed this...I think John @Redfin was working on a swap. Maybe he chimes in ?

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Missed this...I think John @Redfin was working on a swap. Maybe he chimes in ?

Or you could totally eliminate the M-tronic by installing a 660 coil and flywheel. That's what I did to mine, it was at the shop so many times under warranty it was crazy. Even had them upgrade the whole M-tronics (coil, carb and wiring harness), maybe I just got a dud parts. It's almost like a craps shoot with these saws. Some people have no issues what so ever and other people have problem after problem.

So I did the swap with the help of a member on this site talking me through it haven't had a problem since and it runs great.

I have a very detailed PM complete with pictures and instructions that a couple of other people were interested in doing to theirs if you'd like included.

Oh well rant over sorry if I took anything away from your thread just my 2 cents of another avenue if you're interested.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Or you could totally eliminate the M-tronic by installing a 660 coil and flywheel. That's what I did to mine, it was at the shop so many times under warranty it was crazy. Even had them upgrade the whole M-tronics (coil, carb and wiring harness), maybe I just got a dud parts. It's almost like a craps shoot with these saws. Some people have no issues what so ever and other people have problem after problem.

So I did the swap with the help of a member on this site talking me through it haven't had a problem since and it runs great.

I have a very detailed PM complete with pictures and instructions that a couple of other people were interested in doing to theirs if you'd like included.

Oh well rant over sorry if I took anything away from your thread just my 2 cents of another avenue if you're interested.
Not a bad idea to post it up in a separate thread for "search" purposes.

blacksmith

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could do that if it would be ok with the person that originally gave me the info.

Anyways I am kind of computer illiterate and not sure how to move it from a PM into a thread.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
[emoji2357][emoji2367][emoji2369]

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a Samsung phone and I responded using TAPATALK. The forum doesn't seem to pick up the same things.