660 cylinder gasket

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am putting an 0.5 mm gasket on cylinder base and noticed oem is not flat it is raised around opening and was wondering according to ipl shows drop down in gasket on top next to cylinder. thoughts?

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
7:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oem had two thickness of gaskets, the thicker one is a cardboard paper gasket

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oem had two thickness of gaskets, the thicker one is a cardboard paper gasket
the 0.5 is what I have. it is raised around hole . does it go toward cylinder or base? or does it matter, ipl shows indention up towards cylinderWIN_20190118_21_05_00_Pro.jpg

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
10:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a heads up Gary, when I was working an 066 for @I saw a lot, the metal gasket would not seal to the base, creating a slight vacuum leak, even though I had machined the base perfectly to the bore. I ended up smearing Moto seal on both sides of the gasket and stuck it back together to prevent it from leaking. I know it's a popular gasket, just throwing it out there so people know

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a heads up Gary, when I was working an 066 for @I saw a lot, the metal gasket would not seal to the base, creating a slight vacuum leak, even though I had machined the base perfectly to the bore. I ended up smearing Moto seal on both sides of the gasket and stuck it back together to prevent it from leaking. I know it's a popular gasket, just throwing it out there so people know
Thanks for the heads up!