Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The other thing that is now "gone" is that 51.4mm XPW top end. Ordering that kit supersedes to a 50mm kit. And for whatever reason it is the single ring 371 kit instead of the 2 ring 372 kit. No idea why, and I'm surprised that the single ring kits are still around at all.
i like the single ring kits betterer.
probably a cost savings measure idk.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Front tensioner had me scratching my head the other day. Got my 394 pinched hard in 20-24" limb about six feet in the air. (yes..because I'm a moron) Started to unbolt the powerhead then remembered...oh chit can't loosen the chain. Hindsight I could've pulled the clutch but didn't end up needing to.

I managed to get a couple wedges above the bar, below wasn't happening. Finally got it lifted enough to pull the saw out but it was farkin sketchy. Still wouldn't trade that 394 for anything.
friend let a tree set back on his bar.
the 371 was against the ground
clutch down against rocks.
he had me go get it a couple day's later
he had given up
my 8lb sledgehammer and a splitting wedge
lifted that about 4ft oak off the bar
he had broke several plastic wedges
he offered me the saw i should've took it.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a stupid locust set back on my saw last week, misjudged the lean on it. I got another saw, cut a notch above and cut it the other way instead of screwing around lol. Making mistakes in the woods isn’t as bad as in someone’s yard, nonetheless it isn’t an excuse. Live and learn.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
friend let a tree set back on his bar.
the 371 was against the ground
clutch down against rocks.
he had me go get it a couple day's later
he had given up
my 8lb sledgehammer and a splitting wedge
lifted that about 4ft oak off the bar
he had broke several plastic wedges
he offered me the saw i should've took it.
I bore cut that big limb but then got a little carried away and a little lazy. A wedge or two in the bottom would've saved me a lot of BS, just didn't want to walk back to the truck. Lol

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bore cut that big limb but then got a little carried away and a little lazy. A wedge or two in the bottom would've saved me a lot of BS, just didn't want to walk back to the truck. Lol
tsumura make a good bar
over two day's with a tree on it never hurt anything.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have ported saws of about every size out there, and they all run great, but my two go to saws right now are my MMWS 261 C Ver II and my 462 (just a muffler mod).

Comparing 572 to 462 is like comparing 2 different saws - they are not comparable IMO. If you are looking for a saw that is heavier and will balance a longer bar, you will likely choose the 572. It is well built and likely has more low end torque due to the longer stroke.

If you are looking for an all around saw with great power (stock), a saw you can both limb and buck with, you will love the 462.

While I love running my ported saws, my M Tronic saws don't need to be adjusted if the temp changes, or the elevation changes (my home is at 500 ft, my upstate property is a 2,200 ft, most of my traditional saws don't like the change). I also like the smoother spring AV, and the clean air filter tech built into these saws.

The only caveat … don't repeatedly try to run a M Tronic saw low on fuel … the computer will go "rich" (into protect mode) and it will take about 6 tanks to clear it.

I have a 20" light bar on my 462. It has real 70cc saw power, and is as light as many of the heavier 60cc saws. (It is by far the lightest 70cc saw out there, and about 1.5 lb less than a 572).

IMO, the 572 and 462 are both great saws, but they serve different purposes. The one you prefer will depend on your needs.

Hey, a good running 10mm 044 will also give you great power and low weight (I have one of them also), but they are getting hard to find and you will need to clean the filter much more often. Everyone is different with what they feel, but I go back and forth between rubber AV and spring AV and barely notice the difference. The biggest difference I notice is spring AV is smoother out of the cut.

Conversely, I can't stand a saw that does not have AV, but they don't seem to bother some other folks. We are all different and have different cutting styles.

I apologize, as I think I just gave 3 cents instead of just 2!

Good luck with your decision.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There were plans for such a saw back in the 572's early developement stage; talking back around 2011. Have no clue how far it went or whether any tooling/molds were done for what would have been Jonsered specific plastic. Likely answer is there never was, which then answers the next question about whether they will do a Red Max version of that saw. IMO that Red Max experiment isn't doing well enough that we will see any of the new models in red; 572/565 or the 545/550 M2's.

Well if RM is tanking then maybe Jred will make a comeback!!!!

I kind of relate what the Husqvarna group did as what GM had to do a decade ago. With 8 or 9 different brands kicking out the same things with different color it was only a matter of time before a bean counter would snuff it out.

Last edited:

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The other thing that is now "gone" is that 51.4mm XPW top end. Ordering that kit supersedes to a 50mm kit. And for whatever reason it is the single ring 371 kit instead of the 2 ring 372 kit. No idea why, and I'm surprised that the single ring kits are still around at all.

That kind of sucks now. I did like those for a one saw plan for 20-32” bars. The little extra torque was nice.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That kind of sucks now. I did like those for a one saw plan for 20-32” bars. The little extra torque was nice.
I squirreled away a few kits. Would've bought more if it weren't for the holidays. At least Dave is making pistons, should be able to keep them going for awhile.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I squirreled away a few kits. Would've bought more if it weren't for the holidays. At least Dave is making pistons, should be able to keep them going for awhile.

I wish I had one extra left. I guess that means I’ll have to get a new 572 or go to a stihl and feel so dirty[emoji23]

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
90% of my stuff doesn't need anything more than a 20" bar, and my "do all" saw has to be good a limbing, and for that I prefer the lighter saw.

As I stated previously, likely the saw you prefer depends on your needs, and the 572 is better with the longer bars.

I've got Hybrids, a 460 and 660s to run those big bars!

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
90% of my stuff doesn't need anything more than a 20" bar, and my "do all" saw has to be good a limbing, and for that I prefer the lighter saw.

As I stated previously, likely the saw you prefer depends on your needs, and the 572 is better with the longer bars.

I've got Hybrids, a 460 and 660s to run those big bars!

I prefer one saw with a 28” or 34” lightweight to be the only one I take with me if I’ve got the tractor. There’s just nowhere to put a second saw normally and I can get a pinched saw out pretty easy with the loader. I don’t like running a 90 cc with those bars for hours on end but a good 70cc I’m fine with. A lot of the time the 562 gets the nod if it’s smaller stuff over the 346 or 660.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I prefer one saw with a 28” or 34” lightweight to be the only one I take with me if I’ve got the tractor. There’s just nowhere to put a second saw normally and I can get a pinched saw out pretty easy with the loader. I don’t like running a 90 cc with those bars for hours on end but a good 70cc I’m fine with. A lot of the time the 562 gets the nod if it’s smaller stuff over the 346 or 660.
The 572 does remarkably well with a 32” with 7 pin skip or semi skip chain if you let it work at its own pace. It doesn’t like full comp on that size bar in hardwood. The oiler isn’t a problem either, I think I had it set at 3/4, all the way out runs out the oil before gas. This is just a broken in stock 572 with a opened up muffler. I imagine ported it would run full comp 32”. I like my 64/73/7900’s but this new robo saw ain’t bad...