60 and 70cc saw opinions

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New on the shelf? Hmm... the 372xp while supply's last will be your bargain beater. Also can't rule out the 562xp.
If you want to step it up a bit to the larger end of the spectrum the MS461 and 576xp are still available I believe.
The MS462 and 572xp can have different price points, depending on where you find them at, pays to shop around.

I'm afraid these options are going away quicker than you think Steve. 576's have been gone since early summer last year. 372's have been unavailable from Husky since Sept. The system still shows them coming in in Feb, but I'm hearing that it isn't going to happen. So, on the 372's it's all about what's out there in the field. I got 15-20 left, but I really don't care how long they last. The 572 is so good that it doesn't matter.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
9:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm afraid these options are going away quicker than you think Steve. 576's have been gone since early summer last year. 372's have been unavailable from Husky since Sept. The system still shows them coming in in Feb, but I'm hearing that it isn't going to happen. So, on the 372's it's all about what's out there in the field. I got 15-20 left, but I really don't care how long they last. The 572 is so good that it doesn't matter.

The 572 would be most bestest if it was Red and black on top and called a 2272:(

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yep, get em while they are out there, won't be long and they will be like DeSotos, all gone.
Good to hear you like the new 572. :)

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That’s good news there’s finally a worthy replacement. I didn’t care for the xtorq and my 372 is an xpw top end saw. A 572 might be a good one to get when I get back to clearing some land.

Last edited:

Cjone

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I honestly can say that I won't live long enough to run any saw more than a 272/372. In the 12 years or so that I cut pro I had 4 272's and at least 6 or 7 372's. And by far they were the most trouble free saws. 1 failure when a intake clamp was junk. A few minor things like muffler bolts loosening but a couple of tightening when they were new and it stopped that. Rotated a saw out every year with 4 tanks a day through 2 saws hardwood thinning and they were loose to say the least but still ran good. They always started and ran the same so reliable was a understatement. The 572 has alot to live up to. I hope it does but does better than the 562. I ran a bunch of different saws before settling on the 372 and they were/ are a tough act to follow. Heck my dealer would not sell me a 575 because of how hard we ran them. Cj

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
tactical clutch covers are the rage now.
Front tensioner had me scratching my head the other day. Got my 394 pinched hard in 20-24" limb about six feet in the air. (yes..because I'm a moron) Started to unbolt the powerhead then remembered...oh chit can't loosen the chain. Hindsight I could've pulled the clutch but didn't end up needing to.

I managed to get a couple wedges above the bar, below wasn't happening. Finally got it lifted enough to pull the saw out but it was farkin sketchy. Still wouldn't trade that 394 for anything.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Front tensioner had me scratching my head the other day. Got my 394 pinched hard in 20-24" limb about six feet in the air. (yes..because I'm a moron) Started to unbolt the powerhead then remembered...oh chit can't loosen the chain. Hindsight I could've pulled the clutch but didn't end up needing to.

I managed to get a couple wedges above the bar, below wasn't happening. Finally got it lifted enough to pull the saw out but it was farkin sketchy. Still wouldn't trade that 394 for anything.

Why were you cutting above your head?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

i thought you took a stack of saws cutting?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s good news there’s finally a worthy replacement. I didn’t care for the xtorq and my 372 is an xpw top end saw. A 572 might be a good one to get when I get back to clearing some land.

The other thing that is now "gone" is that 51.4mm XPW top end. Ordering that kit supersedes to a 50mm kit. And for whatever reason it is the single ring 371 kit instead of the 2 ring 372 kit. No idea why, and I'm surprised that the single ring kits are still around at all.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 572 would be most bestest if it was Red and black on top and called a 2272:(

There were plans for such a saw back in the 572's early developement stage; talking back around 2011. Have no clue how far it went or whether any tooling/molds were done for what would have been Jonsered specific plastic. Likely answer is there never was, which then answers the next question about whether they will do a Red Max version of that saw. IMO that Red Max experiment isn't doing well enough that we will see any of the new models in red; 572/565 or the 545/550 M2's.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any more news on an updated 562 version Bob or is everything hush hush?

Sort of in between Chuck. There will not be a complete M2 update as with the 550. There may be some "enhancements" like the air filter sealing and the heat wall. The bottom end was redone back in 2016 and they feel that the saw doesn't require a complete redesign. It is a pretty reliable saw at this point, so I can't really disagree, even though I'd personally like to see a new one. Of course I'm not the one who has to sign off on the development costs. :) Guess we have to wait on those enhancements before passing final judgement.