6-cube deluxe

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
5:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep us posted how they hold up. Getting nervous seeing some of the posts about the Cross, hope it was just a few bad ones.
I havent heard of any of the FT cylinders having major plating issues. I know some guys have put em on a mill and run the piss out of em.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I havent heard of any of the FT cylinders having major plating issues. I know some guys have put em on a mill and run the piss out of em.
Both my farmertech cylinders were junk. One was missing plating out of the box, the other lasted two tanks before it started loosing it. I have another new one here that looks ok.

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did Kevin cut them identical? You should finger one.
Im not sure exactly what he ended up doin, but we had talked about takin .030 or so off the base, .035 off squish band on one, and then takin a bit more off the other if possible, .050 or more?. My original cylinder had about .019 squish sans gasket, yours rod had about .014 without the gasket. I planned on doin em a little differently, not that i know wtf im doin in the first place lol.

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both my farmertech cylinders were junk. One was missing plating out of the box, the other lasted two tanks before it started loosing it. I have another new one here that looks ok.
That sucks dave. Mine had some scoring after 30 seconds or so of run time (from me not flushing the bottom end thoroughly prior to assembly). It cleaned up fine and didnt seem to happen after that after a bit of mixed gas sloshed around in there. Has been fine since then. Plating didnt chip or flake off when i was squaring up intake and exhaust so that was good i thought. I did notice something funny in the original cylinder, after a little more run time, cant tell if the piston is a little out of round or the crank isnt perfectly centered, witness mark of piston skirt is a little funny on one side.

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i wanna bring this thread up to date. The buildoff was a blast, tho my saw made a pretty pathetic showing. I knew going into it that i had ground out too much on one side of the exhaust, and apprently lowered the floor inadvertantly, or made a poor guess on how much to have kevin cut the base. It ended up free porting badly on the bottom and one side of the exhaust, and was just a total turd. I think it ran better right out of the box lol. @EvilRoySlade was nice enough to give me another FT top end from his kit, but after the machine work i couldnt get the piston in the bore, so didnt mess with it anymore and decided to see how (poorly) the thing would run.
After a bit of sanding on the bevel right at the cylinder base i was able to get to piston to go in no prob, so now im back in business. Pics and vids will be added later, probly this weekend.

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The new top end came back from @huskihl with timing of 100-133-90. I was a lot more careful on marking out the cylinder this time around :rolleyes:. Brought transfers back up close to 120, widened exhaust and squared up corners a bit. Intake and lower transfers are untouched. Throttle response and top end rpms are drastically improved, no load rpms right around 14k (had a hard time getting 12.5k after mutiliating the first top end). Looking forward to putting it back in some wood, hopin for a little redemption :zpong:

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So i wanna bring this thread up to date. The buildoff was a blast, tho my saw made a pretty pathetic showing. I knew going into it that i had ground out too much on one side of the exhaust, and apprently lowered the floor inadvertantly, or made a poor guess on how much to have kevin cut the base. It ended up free porting badly on the bottom and one side of the exhaust, and was just a total turd. I think it ran better right out of the box lol. @EvilRoySlade was nice enough to give me another FT top end from his kit, but after the machine work i couldnt get the piston in the bore, so didnt mess with it anymore and decided to see how (poorly) the thing would run.
After a bit of sanding on the bevel right at the cylinder base i was able to get to piston to go in no prob, so now im back in business. Pics and vids will be added later, probly this weekend.
I have a new farmertech top end if you want it.

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a new farmertech top end if you want it.
Thanks david, id take it if you really dont want it. Pretty cheap way for a guy like me to learn, and F some stuff up without burning a bunch of $ haha.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks david, id take it if you really dont want it. Pretty cheap way for a guy like me to learn, and F some stuff up without burning a bunch of $ haha.
Sorry I missed the part where you got it straightened out lol

cus_deluxe

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
not worried dude, this one looks really good, and not like its gonna get tons of run time most likely. ill get back with ya when it melts down haha