yj67rccd.jpg

Homelite750

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our order of 565's came in the other day. They came with the metal chain catch installed and a roller chain catcher in a bag. I like the darker gun metal finish on the 565.

Attachments

• IMG_3839.JPG
    IMG_3839.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3840.JPG
    IMG_3840.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3842.JPG
    IMG_3842.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 57

MarcS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brand is gone.
All that's left look like melted creamsicles or deformed traffic cones.
I’m slowly getting over it myself. The *s-wordty part is, now that new saws are finally getting over the EPA growing pains I’m excited for some new models...but no red/black option. Mostly I miss all the cool Jonsered shops in northern WI.

taplinhill

Hiding behind the Chainsaws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m slowly getting over it myself. The *s-wordty part is, now that new saws are finally getting over the EPA growing pains I’m excited for some new models...but no red/black option. Mostly I miss all the cool Jonsered shops in northern WI.

Vermont was the same way. All the good shops are drying up and being replaced with Hardware stores selling Stihl. I'll be lucky if I even see a 572 or 462 before fall. The closest place to me has a dusty 461 on "special". $10 off retail.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

What are all of those old Jonsered shops doing, if anything? We passed on continuing with the Red Max saws which is what the majority of shops around here have done. Don't want to have to tell that story 400 times, especially as the whole thing pisses me off each and every time I have to explain it. My hard core Jonny customers won't buy the rebranded saws anyway.

taplinhill

Hiding behind the Chainsaws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What are all of those old Jonsered shops doing, if anything? We passed on continuing with the Red Max saws which is what the majority of shops around here have done. Don't want to have to tell that story 400 times, especially as the whole thing pisses me off each and every time I have to explain it. My hard core Jonny customers won't buy the rebranded saws anyway.

Most of them in my neck of the woods closed for different reasons. Some were ready to retire and some were going different directions with the business. Others were in the same boat as you, Bob, and just dropped the line and focused on their main line. The one that stuck with them is a John Deere dealer and when I was in there last fall they had more Echo's than Redmax. They were not happy about losing the 2260/2258. Those were their best sellers.

Hank_612

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I finally got my dealer to order some x cut loops in for me. They kept trying to sell me lgx. I ordered a 24 inch total bar and a loop of exl last week so that I could try out the 572 when I get the muffler back from MG. I am anxious now to get a few tanks thru her.

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I finally got my dealer to order some x cut loops in for me. They kept trying to sell me lgx. I ordered a 24 inch total bar and a loop of exl last week so that I could try out the 572 when I get the muffler back from MG. I am anxious now to get a few tanks thru her.

If you can post a video when you get the muffler on.

MarcS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Most of the good ones I went to quit when Tilton lost the distributorship. Combination of being old enough to retire and not wanting to deal with a new distributor and increased pressure from the big box stores was the story I got from several.

There was a push for new dealers in the last five years and some seemed to be making headway when they got the Redmax news. I’ve seen Redmax saws on the shelf at some of these shops but how do they compete with Husky’s sloppy seconds models now? Scarier yet is I’ve seen Efcos being sold again. Lol

thesawincanada

For the love of saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I hear all this. I have to add the exact same thing is happening here in southern Ontario with saw shops that have been around for generations. I think that selling saws at the big box stores a bad idea. Then telling customers that they cannot service the product they sell. Kind of screwes the saw dealers. Who are expected to honour the warranty, when they arnt selling the saw in the first place

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back when Husky and Stihl just sold saws, nearly every shop was what we'd call a "saw shop". For the most part, they were competent on the service side cause the focus was on saws. These days, both companies are full line and they need to be in full line stores that can sell all or at least most of the catalog. Downside of this is that a small minority of these dealers have the necessary focus on saws to do a decent job on the parts and service side. For so many of these stores, selling big ticket commercial mowers, and especially the Deere stores selling $100,000 ag equipment, saws are small potatoes.....over there in the corner. Many of them don't even have a decent 2 stroke tech. For the dealers that sell a lot of commercial mowers, it's the trimmers and back packs that generate a lot of the dollars. So the companies need to be in these places despite the reality that the customer service just isn't what it was in the old days.