572 updates

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
3:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did some cutting today. I put 2 tanks through the 572, 1 through the 462, 1 through the 660 and a half tank each on 661 and 064 this afternoon.
I’m on tank 5 now on the 572 now. It’s starting to run stronger but it developed a little hesitation at times. I was cutting and noodling a lot of bigger stuff today and at the end of a long cut,if I was blipping/on and off the throttle to nurse it along so I didn’t blow through into the dirt, it would bog/hesitate when getting on the throttle.

Never once bogged coming off an idle and started first pull warm every time. Usually 3 pulls cold. Can’t complain about that.

Last edited:

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now don't anybody tell anyone … but there is a Husky sitting in my garage … and I don't repair Huskys ...
Great to see open minded thinking, kudos Mike. Some guys won't even put the "other" brand in their hands... sheesh, it's just a dagum chainsaw.

Wow, I think we have the same speakers! Chorus(II)? Very nice rig.

They say the 572 has a “soft” rev limiter in some of the videos, pardon my stupidity... but what do they mean by that? Must be different than “rev boost”?
My experience, a soft rev limiter explains the time the fuel is cut, which is on the longer side. Opposite would be most of your sport bikes if you've ever heard squids holding the throttle wfo, the engine bounces rapidly off redline. A soft one lets the revs drop further and the cycle isn't as quick. Smell what I'm stepping in?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a Husky 55 and it was given to me. It is complete with B+C and looks to be in good condition. The former owner is having medical problems and can't run it any more. I was told it runs well, but then was also told that he loaned it to someone who did not take good care of it … so I don't know what to expect.

No time to mess with it now anyway.

I understand these came with both open and closed port configurations. Any way to determine which it is w/o ripping the saw down?

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Closed port will say 51cc on the epa sticker, open will be 53cc.
Also a row of +’s on the transfer bulge just under the decomp button.
Generally closed port are only found on non ‘rancher’ designated saws and dated between ‘97 and ‘00 or so.

Last edited:

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hoping Bob will let us know if any of the 572 have come in for any repairs and if so has it been the same issue on multiple saws? I know these saws have t been out long but loggers can usually find flaws pretty quickly.