572 updates

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can hear Edith saying "it must be the heavy bearings"!!!

(For those too young to remember, I'm mocking a Archie Bunker episode where Edith blames the weight of the can of peaches on the "heavy syrup").

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl users have defended their saws for years as being better than Husqvarna saws, despite being heavier and slower

Never considered my 10mm 044 to be either heavier or slower than a comparable Husky. IMO, your generalization is flawed. I don't have one, but I'm pretty sure 361 fans would feel the same.

And the 461 was lighter than the 576 and … see what I mean?

If your saws cuts like you want it to, is dependable, and meets your needs, that is all that matters. Not what brand it is, etc. The guy that is 6'6" and 350 may not care what a saw weights, but the guy that is 150 lbs will likely be more concerned with the weight of the saw. As long as it works for you, it is good!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Naturally, it's the most Husqvarna-esque saw Stihl ever made. #quadport #bottomfedtransfers #springAV

Another member made the observation how ironic it is that the new Stihls seem to be imitating the old Huskys and the new Huskys seem to be imitating the old Stihls! You just can't make it up!

But my 044 is just true to itself!

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another member made the observation how ironic it is that the new Stihls seem to be imitating the old Huskys and the new Huskys seem to be imitating the old Stihls! You just can't make it up!

But my 044 is just true to itself!

Both companies advance the art of saw design and it's only natural for them to take each other's best ideas and incorporate them into their own designs. Makes BOTH brands better in the long run. :)

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I recall many a discussion where (aside from the exhaust note sound), everyone praised the 288XP over the 390XP that replaced it because the bottom end was so much beefier. It was the same bottom end as on the 395xp, and that carried some real value to many people, despite the 390xp feeling smoother, having better AV, etc. Husqvarna has brought back the strong bottom end, isn't that what everyone wants?
?
Actually the 394-395 has the same bottom end as a 288 which came first.
And yes, everyone in the know, which is every hoosky nut.
Wants a bullet proof crankcase assembly.
No luv for 4xx saws here.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
9:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Naturally, it's the most Husqvarna-esque saw Stihl ever made. #quadport #bottomfedtransfers #springAV
Well, i would say the 441 is stihls attempt of a husvarna. Cable throttle, air injection tech, filter cover clips, spring av, one piece can muffler, strato charged.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Yeah the 361 and 441 are booth as much husky design as there is. The new 462 also has a lot of husky design in it, spring AV, and I wonder where they got air injection idea from???? I mean husky has ran that since at least the early 90s, guess Stihl is still playing catch up.