High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

562xp's ticking time bomb

Mad1704

Active OPE Member
Local time
7:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So i wanted to address Husqvarnas dirty little secret. I work for Pennline, right of way clearing, and i use my saw 10hrs a day. Loads of guys i work with jumped on the 562 bandwagon and the majority of them were sorry. In the last two years I've seen over a dozen 562's blow up. The one guy i work with blew his first up after only owning it a year. Foolishly he bought another. That one lasted four months. There were lots of other fellow coworkers who suffered the same fate. Like i said i know of literally at least 12 blown 562's. Now I can't vouche for all of th but the first I mentioned has been doing tree work for about 15 years and he takes excellent care of his equipment. We both run the same gas, mid-grade with husqvarna mixers 50:1, so operator error isn't it. Besides, 10 plus professional idiots??? I doubt it. When you look up real customer reviews on the saw you get a mountian of complaints. But for some reason.... all hail the 562?!?!? WTF! Ive watches guys go through 3 saws whil my good ol stih just keep runnin

Mad1704

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We cut alot of stuff from big trees to clearing brush, mulching, and tons of dead ash. 562's blowin up all over the place. People at my compay are switching to stihl left and right. And Husqvarna always blames the customers it seams. Always find an "operator" error. Warranty void

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We cut alot of stuff from big trees to clearing brush, mulching, and tons of dead ash. 562's blowin up all over the place. People at my compay are switching to stihl left and right. And Husqvarna always blames the customers it seams. Always find an "operator" error. Warranty void
That sounds like my engineer when he doesn't design stuff right.
I have no brand loyalty but has Husqvarna put a shelf life on these saws? Just wondering because it seems like everything these day is leaning towards a break and buy another cycle.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After destroying the Poulan line, Electrolux seams to be doing a fine job of doing the same to the Husky/J-Red line.....:(

Maybe Stihl secretly owns Electrolux dot dot dot dot

Two Trax

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have watched the 562/550 saws from the sidelines. Glowing reports and problem reports. I do own a 346xp and a 359, sure seems there were a lot less problems with that line of saws from where I sit. Maybe newer is not always better, seems like I have heard that before...

old 040

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have watched the 562/550 saws from the sidelines. Glowing reports and problem reports. I do own a 346xp and a 359, sure seems there were a lot less problems with that line of saws from where I sit. Maybe newer is not always better, seems like I have heard that before...
I got caught up in the hipe early on and bought a 550xp, turned out I just didn't like it, never cut a stick with it, sold it at a loss:(, my NOS 346xp on the other-hand....:)

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spent a lot of time on these sites explaining the whole 562 roolout deal. Early saws had several issues that have been corrected. Not always on the first try either. :) I'm not going to spend the entire morning retelling that whole story.

This thread title would have been entirely appropreate back in 2011-2012, but that was then. There is no "dirty little secret". The only sercets it seems, are like @pro94lt who have run the snot out of them for years, but we don't hear about those saws.

As it stands now, the 562 is my best selling saw, by a 3-1 margin over the previous champ, the 372. No worries about sending them out. If they were ticking time bombs they'd all be blowing up in MY lap, and believe me, i wouldn't want to deal with them. My saw sales are 85% pro models, and most of them are in a serious work environment. I deal with several Asplundh and Lewis crews. They all run plenty of 562's and 550's. I love the things.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spent a lot of time on these sites explaining the whole 562 roolout deal. Early saws had several issues that have been corrected. Not always on the first try either. :) I'm not going to spend the entire morning retelling that whole story.

This thread title would have been entirely appropreate back in 2011-2012, but that was then. There is no "dirty little secret". The only sercets it seems, are like @pro94lt who have run the snot out of them for years, but we don't hear about those saws.

As it stands now, the 562 is my best selling saw, by a 3-1 margin over the previous champ, the 372. No worries about sending them out. If they were ticking time bombs they'd all be blowing up in MY lap, and believe me, i wouldn't want to deal with them. My saw sales are 85% pro models, and most of them are in a serious work environment. I deal with several Asplundh and Lewis crews. They all run plenty of 562's and 550's. I love the things.

If you remember back several years ago I decided that I would not port the 562 any longer. It was because of that bog....

Those days are gone. I just did a pretty big batch of 550, and 562 saws. As a matter of fact, I do a batch about every six weeks.

Right now I have a 550 on the way back because it was hard to start warm, and then became impossible to start at all.

Mind you that's one saw out of dozens I've sent out in the last few months.

Can I fix it? Oh yeah.....and if I cant, I know a guy that can help me out.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While no saw is perfect, the 5 series platform was well ahead of its day when released years ago. Its design is still bounds ahead of most of the competition. There were many 'firsts' in its new design that have been copied by other OEM's. I own a 555 & 550xp, would I buy a 562?...hell yeah!! I honestly am not really a Husky fan boy either, I'll buy any brand that makes good stuff. If the 5 series were a little less problematic with heat soak issues & better air filters, they would easily be recognised as best in their class saws.

Stackowood

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We cut alot of stuff from big trees to clearing brush, mulching, and tons of dead ash. 562's blowin up all over the place

Please describe "blowing up". To some people it means the saw won't start on the 3rd pull, to others it means the crank punched a hole in the cases.

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
For those that are interested and ..."Exactly" for the points made by Bob & Randy, in Feb I started the....550..560..562 ..feedback thread ..in the Husqvarna Auto tune Tech section at the top of the "Chainsaws" Forum.
I to have my opinion of the Auto Tune saws but it seems reasonable to have a thread that is about feedback...ether way.
Detail is Knowledge IMO.

Last edited:

Cigmaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husky vs Stihl :tiburon: stay tuned.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm waiting for a chinese clone of a 562 to come out one day without all the fancy electronics lol