AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm rebuilding a 562XP and I've noticed that the crank stuffers move around a bit. Not sure if this is normal, but wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone has any experience with these. I read on a UK forum that someone had one come loose on 550Xp that caused catastrophic failure. Anyone else have this problem?

Just the stuffer has some freeplay. The crank itself and bearings are all GTG. New bearings getting installed tomorrow. See pic below. Arrows show ring that has freeplay.

Cheers,
Dan

***Example pic. Not my crank.***
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That thing looks like it was hammered on when the bearing failed. They're removable and cost about 10 bucks U.S. to replace.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, that's not my crank. I was just using it as an example, because I don't have a photo of mine and the crank isn't here at my house right now. Also, my bearings didn't fail. The PTO side had a small bit of surface pitting that caused a rough rotation of the bearing when I was checking them for serviceability. No doubt, it would have failed soon.

Good info on the $10 US. I will see if I can find some nearby.

I'll make a note in the OP.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took it in and passed by my Husky dealer. He says no big deal and put the new bearings on for me.