High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

562xp carb identification

big.griff

OPE Member
Local time
6:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been discussed but I’m looking at picking up a new 562xpg. Is there a way to identify which carb it has or a certain build date that would asssure me that I get the good carb. Thanks.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
9:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The newest ones come with a 55A. Previous models came with a el48, el46 or el44. 2015 and up came with the el48 I believe, if I’m not mistaken. It’s written on the side of the carb what model it is. If it’s 2016 and up with the cut out in the top cover, you will have one of the newer carbs for sure.

Last edited:

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You need to remove the top cover and have a look at the clutch side of the carb with a flashlight. The numbers are usually very feint and hard to see. You may want to use a q-tip to reach in and clean up the spot to read it.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was mid 2016 that they switched to el48, mine has the cut out and missed the changeover by about two weeks and has the el46, but i have no issues with it. Lots of others report no issues either with their el44 or el46, so it can just be luck of the draw. Stick with a late 2016 to be sure of an el48 if you're worried. But the el48 is a little "thirstier" than the el46/44.
No info on the new eat 55 carb.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was mid 2016 that they switched to el48, mine has the cut out and missed the changeover by about two weeks and has the el46, but i have no issues with it. Lots of others report no issues either with their el44 or el46, so it can just be luck of the draw. Stick with a late 2016 to be sure of an el48 if you're worried. But the el48 is a little "thirstier" than the el46/44.
No info on the new eat 55 carb.
Thanks for the clarifying Fred. I wasn’t sure. The 55a I have on my saw now seems to work crisp and well. No problem in heat or hesitation... yet lol. That hesitation can supposedly be fixed if people have it. Mitch has a good video on it, very interesting.

Last edited:

big.griff

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys. So are the newest 55a carbs causing problems aswell? Sounds like the el48 is the one to look for

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, thanks guys. So are the newest 55a carbs causing problems aswell? Sounds like the el48 is the one to look for
The 55a and 48 are both better than the two early versions. The 44 is better than the 46 supposedly, if you have to choose between the two early versions.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The major problem was fuel vaporization before reaching the Jets for the carb, causing inaccurate fuel metering and therefore poor running as either a hesitation or bog. The culprit was too much heat coming off the cylinder once it was warmed up. This was because the newer 5 series saws run leaner to reduce emissions, but with less fuel charge to cool the cylinder, they run hotter than previous generations. The proximity of the carb and fuel delivery system to the cylinder was the major problem to deal with.

Husqvarna first tried to change the carb to the el46, suspecting a carb issue. The el46 has a different accelerator pump and main jet spec. Then after more diagnostic work they found that wasn't sufficient and cut a hole in the top cover to help vent the heat out off the cylinder fins, and changed the carb again to the el48 with larger low speed jets, and shortened the fuel hose from the tank so less time for heat soak. All of this to keep temps down on the fuel before it reaches the carb's Jets and atomizes properly.

Two great solutions if you have the issue are to open the muffler exhaust port to help vent the heat out sooner, and to put a thermal barrier on the plastic wall between the cylinder and carb box. I would suggest a fiberglass-backed aluminized self-adhesive tape. You can find some on amazon. That will help keep the heat away from the fuel delivery system.

big.griff

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. It will be a new saw from the dealer if I end up buying one. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t get stuck with old stock that had an inferior carb.