562 updates?

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone knows whether Husqvarna has had any recent production updates on the 562 ie air filtration, software, etc. I think I read where they may have a better filtration design on the new 572, just wondering if that has trickled down to their other auto tune models or if they have plans to carry out any such updates.
Thanks!:)

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wondering if anyone knows whether Husqvarna has had any recent production updates on the 562 ie air filtration, software, etc. I think I read where they may have a better filtration design on the new 572, just wondering if that has trickled down to their other auto tune models or if they have plans to carry out any such updates.
Thanks!:)
Nothing on the air filter, which isn't bad at all. The software is updated fairly regularly. The saws have had a lot of updates in general, but not a whole lot in the last year or so.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Andy. I had heard that the filter to carb seal was less than desirable from some but I’ve actually never seen it. Someone had mentioned greasing the filter mount for a better seal.:smile:

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Andy. I had heard that the filter to carb seal was less than desirable from some but I’ve actually never seen it. Someone had mentioned greasing the filter mount for a better seal.[emoji2]
They improved the filter to intake fit on the 562 and 550 some time ago.. The earlier production runs had a sloppy fit, like my 550 that I grease.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They improved the filter to intake fit on the 562 and 550 some time ago.. The earlier production runs had a sloppy fit, like my 550 that I grease.

Ah. I wasn’t aware of that. Do those models still have issues wif heat dissipation near the carb?

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ah. I wasn’t aware of that. Do those models still have issues wif heat dissipation near the carb?
My newer 562 seals really well. The filter on my older 550 has a really lose fit and doesn't fully seat, I have a 550 tsb that lists the updated manifold for improved fit. The 550 has had a dozen or more updates during it's lifespan, I lost count after a while.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My newer 562 seals really well. The filter on my older 550 has a really lose fit and doesn't fully seat, I have a 550 tsb that lists the updated manifold for improved fit. The 550 has had a dozen or more updates during it's lifespan, I lost count after a while.

How does it work when there is an update. Can you take your saw to a Husqvarna dealer and have it updated for free or do you have to pay to have an update like that installed.

porsche965

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The word "update" makes me feel like I have a wannabee chainsaw at my expense instead of the engineers and development's expense. Really pizzes me off at times.

When I do have updates performed (there have been many as mentioned with Husky) and the saw runs to my expectations I do not go back. Don't want to loose through another update what works for me and the saw in the current form.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How does it work when there is an update. Can you take your saw to a Husqvarna dealer and have it updated for free or do you have to pay to have an update like that installed.
If the saw is running fine nothing happens. These really aren't updates, but design changes if you will.

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wondering if anyone has heard of a new 562 update like Steph87 mentioned they were doing with the 545/550.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put the foam pre filter on mine and the intake was actually completely clear of dust for the first time since I’ve had them. I bought mine from the chainsaw guy, but he’s way expensive, I’d just make my own next time. They do work well though

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put the foam pre filter on mine and the intake was actually completely clear of dust for the first time since I’ve had them. I bought mine from the chainsaw guy, but he’s way expensive, I’d just make my own next time. They do work well though
Is that foam pre filter a Husqvarna part or is something someone came up with on their own?

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Something that Rich came up with, go check out west coast muscle saws YouTube channel