High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

500i video

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I think seeing a video of how it runs in wood is very useful sure nothing better than trying it out yourself however even then it can still be impossible to tell which is the faster cutting stronger saw some feel faster but are actually slower with less torque

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
7900/7910 feel “slow” but they are fast in cut times. The smoothness is deceiving. After you run one for a while it starts to sink in how sporty they are.

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And......overall weight is not the most important spec to me or even h.p. Sometimes certain saws just FEEL better, balance better, etc ,etc. So if the spec details are anywhere similar there may be a choice made on what a guy likes and prefers.......

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think seeing a video of how it runs in wood is very useful sure nothing better than trying it out yourself however even then it can still be impossible to tell which is the faster cutting stronger saw some feel faster but are actually slower with less torque

Does it really matter if a saw is .5 seconds faster cutting firewood? speed alone does not tell the whole story. Videos are what they are, they give us an idea, and a look, but that's it.:beer-toast1:

GlocknStihl

Derelict OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks good to my eye. Can't help but notice it's overall shape resembling the newer 5xx Huskies...at least as much as I could tell from the vid. Is Stihl laying the cylinder back on their new models like Husky has been doing??

Definitely cool to see a successful FI system on a saw! Is it DI??

What's the displacement of the 500i??
It works just like the TS500i.

The TS500i has a magnet ring on the back of the flywheel and a generator under the flywheel to supply power to the ECU. The ECU controls injection duration, timing, and contains the high energy ignition module. It also stores information like trouble codes, running hours, and current tune information. It uses a sensor in the crankcase to measure pressure and temp. The throttle shutter controls air flow and nothing else. The injection pump, once the engine is running maintains constant fuel pressure. The fuel pump bulb, primes the injection valve for proper starting. You press it 7 to 10 times, even on hot restarts. The fuel injection is running at 1.4 psi.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well these new pro saws are not cheap new, the new tech is great & all but the last thing I hear from pro users is 'I want a higher tech saw', they put reliability and build strength above everything and feel let down with some of the latest high end offerings. I just hope these new saws achieve what there meant too. No good being super fancy, extremely expensive & less reliable than a ms170.

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The 462 weighs exactly what they said it would. I dont see any reason for them to lie here. They just used weight saving techniques like they did on the Gen2 261 and 362. I believe it.
all the current brands have been known to use some pretty "optimistic" numbers in there specs from time to time after a while I learned not to focus too much on the specs they can be incorrect or outdated my 660 was a turd earlier models ran a lot better than mine but the hp rating didn't reflect this change. There are many examples of inaccuracies most all brands are guilty of it

GlocknStihl

Derelict OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
all the current brands have been known to use some pretty "optimistic" numbers in there specs from time to time after a while I learned not to focus too much on the specs they can be incorrect or outdated my 660 was a turd earlier models ran a lot better than mine but the hp rating didn't reflect this change. There are many examples of inaccuracies most all brands are guilty of it

I'm sure of it too. The 500i just doesn't peak my interest. It's the 462 I want to go get my dick beaters on.

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I hope they are right on with the specs. But I don't want to take there word for it want to see it verified

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I hope this 500i is stronger and faster than the Makita 7900 I want it to be a great saw I think it will be lets hope so. Don't laugh I know this was crazy but I was originally hoping it would be stronger than the current 90cc class saws.

GlocknStihl

Derelict OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I hope this 500i is stronger and faster than the Makita 7900 I want it to be a great saw I think it will be lets hope so. Don't laugh I know this was crazy but I was originally hoping it would be stronger than the current 90cc class saws.

The Dolkita downside is they are ridonkulously heavy.

Think of this though. The 462 has been proven to weigh 13.2 lbs. It topped the 661 in power to weight. What if they make a 662 by upsizing a 462. The 462 is 9.5% lighter than the 461 with the same power.

So a 662 could weigh in around 14.75 lbs. That would give a power to weight ratio of 0.488 HP/LB. I know I'm dreaming, but I think its possible.

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I think displacement is still a big factor on overall chainsaw perfomance. The 395xp for exesample has a silly 6.5hp rating in germany but no way a 500i with an official 6.8hp rating will keep up on longer bars, i don't see that coming.

Back in the day's the german KWF and DLG (institutes of forestry and agricultur) did some dyno testing with actual powercurves, sadly they dont do that anymore, they only show numbers nowadays on there test sheets.

here's a 394xp for example, it shows some straight pulling power down the rpm range, very linear. It pulls out 6,2nm@6500rpm, i don't think a 500i will top that, must be way peakyer.

Screenshot_20181020-165635_Drive.jpg

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think displacement is still a big factor on overall chainsaw perfomance. The 395xp for exesample has a silly 6.5hp rating in germany but no way a 500i with an official 6.8hp rating will keep up on longer bars, i don't see that coming.

Back in the day's the german KWF and DLG (institutes of forestry and agricultur) did some dyno testing with actual powercurves, sadly they dont do that anymore, they only show numbers nowadays on there test sheets.

here's a 394xp for example, it shows some straight pulling power down the rpm range, very linear. It pulls out 6,2nm@6500rpm, i don't think a 500i will top that, must be way peakyer.

View attachment 146283
Interesting that’s more than the 395 at 5.9nm at 6000rpm and 9010 at 5.8nm at 6500.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Dolkita downside is they are ridonkulously heavy.

Think of this though. The 462 has been proven to weigh 13.2 lbs. It topped the 661 in power to weight. What if they make a 662 by upsizing a 462. The 462 is 9.5% lighter than the 461 with the same power.

So a 662 could weigh in around 14.75 lbs. That would give a power to weight ratio of 0.488 HP/LB. I know I'm dreaming, but I think its possible.
The 7900 is not a heavy saw![emoji57] and a 661 will never be close to the size of a 462 even if the the weight gets reduced. Having a 661 that small and light would make it usless with a bar over say 24" IMHO.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would be kinda good to see consistent dyno testing of new pro saws by a single organisation. Peak H.P or max H.P is the only figure offered on spec sheets which don't tell much about the engines character. We are a funny bunch wanting this stuff!

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That’s how I always shopped for saws. I watched videos, ported videos and used it to decide if I was interested. I also kept up with who had what and would ask them about said model. Last step is to ask my builder, y’all may find this hard to believe but randy @Mastermind has talked me out of more than one saw purchase being my voice of reason keeping cad in check. I’ve bought several from Spike60, I bought a nos 3120xp from tlandrum, other than that it was always private deals on the sites. I have never bought a saw or even gone in to a local dealer and handled a saw.