AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was always pretty happy about my time on eBay until last month when I got a notice saying I needed to ship the laptop I had sold.

Somebody from Germany had managed to hack my account and had successfully sold something....I was like "WTF eBay".

I didn't have a laptop for sale, I was forced to take action to cancel the sale and now eBay hasn't answered my emails regarding the ordeal.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
6:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was always pretty happy about my time on eBay until last month when I got a notice saying I needed to ship the laptop I had sold.

Somebody from Germany had managed to hack my account and had successfully sold something....I was like "WTF eBay".

I didn't have a laptop for sale, I was forced to take action to cancel the sale and now eBay hasn't answered my emails regarding the ordeal.

Damn I ain't never heard of that dastardly *s-word before.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
12:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, supposedly I sold this laptop in the link. I've never laid eyes on that thing. Lol.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143306001676

That’s interesting, it’s (laptop) located in Germany, and your in greece,, lol...

So who was paid ? eBay/PayPal will know and claim it back...unless it was bank transfer..

These bank transfer things on eBay I stay well away from.

Anyhow I hope you’ve changed passwords. To eBay and PayPal

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I “sold” 2 Can-Am quads on eBay, from Canada. Actually eBay caught it and stopped the auction. HOWEVER, I literally had to take an online course and quiz from eBay on how to “protect my account.” Ah, it was your website!

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s interesting, it’s (laptop) located in Germany, and your in greece,, lol...

So who was paid ? eBay/PayPal will know and claim it back...unless it was bank transfer..

These bank transfer things on eBay I stay well away from.

Anyhow I hope you’ve changed passwords. To eBay and PayPal

I'm not sure who was paid. There was a transaction notification in eBay, but I couldn't view an actual payment transaction.

Yep. I pretty much immediately changed all my passwords. Can't be too careful out there for sure.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I “sold” 2 Can-Am quads on eBay, from Canada. Actually eBay caught it and stopped the auction. HOWEVER, I literally had to take an online course and quiz from eBay on how to “protect my account.” Ah, it was your website!

Dang, Mark. Two quads? That'a a scam right there. Good thing they caught it.