462 has a HO oiler?

rumatt

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven't seen this discussed anywhere until today,.. The 462 has the pin you can punch to increase the oiler rate.

This seems like great news for someone who wants a 462 for mostly medium bar use (20-25) but very occasionally has something to cut that benefits from a longer bar.

I'm even happier I ordered a 462 now than I was last week when I placed the order. :D

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It has been discussed previously, and is reported to oil quite well with the pin punched.

I run a 20" light bar on mine, so there is no need to punch it, oils just fine!

I really like mine with just a minor muffler mod. Some of them need some time to break in, but mine seemed fine right off the bat.

rumatt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool, thanks. I hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere.

I'm glad you like yours!

I was curious how much a muffler mod will do for these saws. I've read they come stock with a more aggressive muffler already. The porters aren't making as many gains with these as they were older saws.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought only the “R” came with the HO oiler. Is that incorrect?

There’s still room for improvement via porting by increasing noise, making them harder to start, and reducing fuel efficiency.
There’s a small pin you push in with a punch on the bottom of the 462 next to the oiler adjustment screw. Allows it to be turned out more. 661 is the same way.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There’s a small pin you push in with a punch on the bottom of the 462 next to the oiler adjustment screw. Allows it to be turned out more. 661 is the same way.
Yes

But it was my understanding the the more expensive R model came with:

HO oiler
Dual Dawgs
3/4 Wrap

Wasn’t that much more, but that’s why I grabbed an R.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes

But it was my understanding the the more expensive R model came with:

HO oiler
Dual Dawgs
3/4 Wrap

Wasn’t that much more, but that’s why I grabbed an R.
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty certain they did away with the HO oiler on those two saws in favor of the “pin” being the “HO pump” option. Saves them money having the same pump on all of them. I’d be curious to see if the pin was already punched in on a R model vs the standard one.

K Mueller

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could be wrong, but I’m pretty certain they did away with the HO oiler on those two saws in favor of the “pin” being the “HO pump” option. Saves them money having the same pump on all of them. I’d be curious to see if the pin was already punched in on a R model vs the standard one.

My R model wasn’t punched.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This.

It's not punched in from the factory on the R model. Same-Same as the half wrap.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
12:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
My R model wasn’t punched in either

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you sir. So no more HO oiler?