PAST 3rd Annual MMWS GTG October 5-7th 2018

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So if one was flying to this incredible event is Knoxville the best place to land and hitch a ride from ?
IMHO That wood actually depend on which type of craft you'd be arriving in. Tri-wing or bi-planes need so little strip at the low speed that keeps them up. On the other hand a 747 requires many times the distance of the affore mentioned. Hot air balloon wood depend on the winds as far as getting close. Then too there is always the parachute attempt for the dramatic effect. Or am I over-thinking things again?

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
9:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMHO That wood actually depend on which type of craft you'd be arriving in. Tri-wing or bi-planes need so little strip at the low speed that keeps them up. On the other hand a 747 requires many times the distance of the affore mentioned. Hot air balloon wood depend on the winds as far as getting close. Then too there is always the parachute attempt for the dramatic effect. Or am I over-thinking things again?

Ala' D.B. Cooper?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Your right on point :cool:

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
8:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Equipment would be a CRJ900, pretty much any paved runway will do...