PAST 3rd Annual MMWS GTG October 5-7th 2018

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hopefully I can build my saw sooner this coming year. I finished it in the hay barn the night before the race. LOL

Nice! Mine got completed on the dining room table a couple nights prior. The wife just didn't understand that it wasn't the typical dirty old saw.

Unfortunately, it got more run time in those 10x10's than it did here before leaving. It'll probably remain that way for a while too. I can't think of a piece of wood I'd use it in before reaching for the 046.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice! Mine got completed on the dining room table a couple nights prior. The wife just didn't understand that it wasn't the typical dirty old saw.

Unfortunately, it got more run time in those 10x10's than it did here before leaving. It'll probably remain that way for a while too. I can't think of a piece of wood I'd use it in before reaching for the 046.

HOORAY MOFO 046!

Last edited:

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, we have a 5' x 18" propane-fired cast iron griddle. A 10 burner job.

I'll be pulling the burners off to rebuild them once Winter comes and hopefully we'll use it a few times before next October so the cast iron takes a good seasoning.

A griddle that size could put a hurtin' on some eggs, and bacon, and 'taters...

Last edited:

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
440s ... Will there be a Hybrid category??? (Or Big Bore) that is not Class III??? That would make it very interesting!
Are you going to try to make it next year Mike?
It was a blast! Big thanks to Randy for hosting this year and making it happen next year too!
Don’t worry about class just build to your own limits, there was nothing exotic there this year....except John Reilly’s chain that is...

I’m sure if you spend some time on a chain you could hang with the lot of us that were bested by 3+ seconds!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
440s ... Will there be a Hybrid category??? (Or Big Bore) that is not Class III??? That would make it very interesting!

We will have the same rules as last year.

AND........a 50mm and a 52mm choice.

SO........that makes a total of 6 different classes.

I'll put this on the calender, ifffin I'm invited....;)

Of course you're invited. Even encouraged to attend. :)

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We will have the same rules as last year.

AND........a 50mm and a 52mm choice.

SO........that makes a total of 6 different classes.

Of course you're invited. Even encouraged to attend. :)
6 classes doesn't make much sense if you think about how many saws will enter.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I am interpreting this correctly, the 52 has to be AM?
Are you going to try to make it next year Mike?

We will see. I would love to go, but it is a long trip, and my body just does not like long rides like it used to. Also, it would take up 3 days.

Instead, I went to two that were closer to home, that I could do in 1 day. That said, I'm not really sure I want to go further than the 4 hour trip to PA. (8 hours of driving plus a GTG gets to be a long day). But, we will see, it is always nice to do new GTGs.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I am interpreting this correctly, the 52 has to be AM?

We will see. I would love to go, but it is a long trip, and my body just does not like long rides like it used to. Also, it would take up 3 days.

Instead, I went to two that were closer to home, that I could do in 1 day. That said, I'm not really sure I want to go further than the 4 hour trip to PA. (8 hours of driving plus a GTG gets to be a long day). But, we will see, it is always nice to do new GTGs.

The wife and I made the trip from NY (11-1/2 hours) on Friday, spent the day at Randy’s Saturday, then we went to Nashville Sunday Morning and drove home (10-1/2 hours) Monday.
The driving sucked but it was a great weekend we will always remember.