395XP with a Portuguese accent?

Benjo

Some Guy
Local time
11:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
395s have been made in Brazil since at least 2017. Some of the last 55s were also from Brazil if I remember correctly. At some time or another they have (and still may) make the 61, 55, 288, 272, and probably other saws in Brazil after their Swedish run is complete. I can't say whether it's purely an emissions/no-longer-marketable-in-EU/North America deal or not, but it's certainly a sign the 395 is getting toward the end of its lifecycle.

Stihl does the same thing in Brazil actually, I think the 051 and 076 were made there long after German production. Probably some other saws too.

Some have taken it as a sign we're closing in on a 5-series replacement for the 390/395, but it's been a few years now.

As an aside, I've not heard of any quality issues with Brazil vs. Sweden. I do have some OEM 272 parts that were made in Brazil, no issues. I like that it seems to extend the period of OEM parts availability for these saws.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
air injection screw and decomp took a half a turn to snug down. Coil wire trimmed and an old echo tank vent. Couldn’t make 2# of pressure in the fuel tank. I’m not trying to stir anything up. I was just curious. Here is what I found and fixed. This saw may have had a tank of fuel through it. Only reason it’s on my bench is replacing busted covers. He mentioned it wasn’t running as well as his other 395. B214716B-19CD-4B57-9C72-4484FD30C3BF.jpegB1D40319-F660-4D0B-B1D0-F4900C4AA32D.jpegBDEC1335-F5D6-457D-BCAD-F6FA333C30BE.jpeg

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Best to check the screws after the first heat cycle which will loosen the screws. I do it on all new or used saws I don’t know the history of. Most average people don’t know that’s what your supposed to do.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tend to just check the muffler and spike bumper screws, others if convenient at the time. Too many commercial idiots running saws with the spike bumpers flopping about and getting sucked up into the clutch cover.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just for the record, Brazilians speak Portuguese with a Brazilian accent. The Portuguese would be fairly quick to point that out. It's one of my favorite places to visit, and I have an American relative retired to there. Sorta like how I've retired to Ireland.
https://pbase.com/wyk/portugal

All the recent 395's I have seen are made in Brasil. But we've been receiving Brazilian saws for quite some time in Europe, among other places. I wouldn't sweat it too much after seeing the QA out of Sweden Randy likes to share with us on occasion ;)

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm a member of a bike club that is all Irish with one Brazilian and me, an American, in it. The dude is tough as nails, always has a smile, never tires, and works in construction 12 hours a day, then works on his bike at night. I'd be fine with him building me a saw. He's certainly helped me enough with my Harley, because of course it isn't stock. We're planning a ride out to Portugal and Back sometime. Yes, I'll be bringing tools with me ;)

It might look like we're being dicks with all the noise and with traffic we're stopping here(and we sorta are), but this amount of Harleys in one place in Ireland is extremely rare. So folks don't mind it so much, and it's not as if we were suddenly showing up like we're going to take over a town or sumfin. More a spectacle than anything. U get a feel for how small the roads are here when you see a bike on em, and u get to see a bit of my back yard in Wicklow here. My front yard is Waterford, but I've put plenty of those vids up.