High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

394, bar oil leaking from tank vent under bar mount?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Did I miss something or was there something to do with the oil tank vent I should have serviced while the case was split? It's leaking pretty good out of the tank vent hole underneath the bar pad plate. I know it's Petty, but my OCD won't let it go....

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
2:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't think there's any way to keep one from leaking.
I port a bunch of 394/5's and have never seen one that didn't need a diaper to sit on.
20170211_083239.jpg

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks guys, yes I'm sure it's in there... It kind of gets in the way as you are assembling the case. You have to position it so it's not getting bent up or pinched as the cases come together.

Guess my OCD will have to deal with it.. No big deal. Just glad I didn't miss some stupid $2 part I should have replaced or something. :)

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
2:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
It's a poor setup
Set it in the floor board of your truck in the summer time and you will never do that again. In hit weather they will leak the tank dry and make a mess in the bed of your truck.
I've put every peice new in them and can't stop it,I hear of them that don't leak though.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The last few I've put together didn't/haven't leaked at all, even after sitting on my shop floor for weeks. I think the key is to make sure that the vent tube is a solid, tight fit on the barb and then make sure the end of the tube is tucked up in a little nook above where the boss for the oil cap is. Another key is to make sure the rubber washer on the output side (that sits on a barb in the case) is in good shape and the intake hose end isn't deformed. Even my recently rebuilt 3120 hasn't weeped any oil out and those are usually hardcore leakers.