372xp pre-xtorq vs. 372xp xtorq

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
1:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just not very good at explaining stuff through typing. Plus it's kind of hard to grunt and nod my head with my arms flailing about when using a keyboard to communicate. Lol

The HD20 from the 375k cutoff saw is another good carb to try out. It has a larger jet than the HD12 and the venturi can be bored out a bit. The main nozzle check valve on the HD12's and 20's have only one hole for fuel passage. I drill out a couple more holes and punch them back in place.
Didn’t know the 375K had a different carb. I know where one is and might give it a try. Thanks!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LOL, I have seen the ad on AS and have been tempted, very nice indeed. No vids of the 365 that I know of.

Maybe @Hedgerow has one.
Did you see I dropped the price 100.
Came across another a little pertier and had to have it. I'm also gonna hold the xpw for a bit after running it this weekend.
Bummer, like to see where things go, adds some enjoyment to all the scrounging them up.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me either, gimme a saw with a sharp chain, and let's make some chips fly.
Yes sir! I guess I’ve never been overly sensitive to vibes. I love the feel of my 288 with nothing but rubber bushings for antivibe. Feels like my old 920 did, I like the solid feel of the older saws.

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 365 X-Torq with a trashed piston and MAYBE salvageable jug. If so, just get a piston. Is Hyway ok?
If not salvageable, I was thinking I might go back to OE 50 or 52mm topend and change out intake parts.
Do most change the top cover to the shorter one (as in, worried about cooling)?

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 365 X-Torq with a trashed piston and MAYBE salvageable jug. If so, just get a piston. Is Hyway ok?
If not salvageable, I was thinking I might go back to OE 50 or 52mm topend and change out intake parts.
Do most change the top cover to the shorter one (as in, worried about cooling)?
I wouldn’t worry about the covers, the ones you have will work fine. Id go with a meteor,but that’s just me. Tecomec is only other aftermarket P/C I’ve ever used. I have an open port 365 cylinder and a Tecomec piston if you’re interested and need it. I think it’s the correct piston for the open port.

dougand3

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, Mkinslow and XP_Slinger. I'm going to clean up this jug and get a piston.
And pulling the transfer covers to grind out divider...Do you tend to damage gasket and need one handy?

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are sealed by O-rings in a groove, so no need to worry about tearing a gasket. Give the o-rings a good inspection to make sure they’re not broken. There is one other model saw that had a problem with bad o-rings, the XT wasn’t it but always worth it to double check that they’re serviceable.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If i remove the covers i put some brake fluid on them for a bit. I watch them closee as some swell up quick. If they are really soft i just wipe a thin film of motoseal on them and screw them down. Reusing o rings is never a good idea. But you will pressure test it after build so you will know if they leak. Nice thread guys ive enjoyed it.

oaky

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
nice thread. i recently acquired a 372 xt with rings melted into the piston exhaust side. i threw a new oem xt jug and piston in for pretty cheap. kindawish i read this thread first. now i understand why the ebay seller was selling five pulled jugs from new xt saws.

but i did notice the carbs settings were running too lean and goin about 14100rpm wot. so i richen it up. runs great anyhow

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
nice thread. i recently acquired a 372 xt with rings melted into the piston exhaust side. i threw a new oem xt jug and piston in for pretty cheap. kindawish i read this thread first. now i understand why the ebay seller was selling five pulled jugs from new xt saws.

but i did notice the carbs settings were running too lean and goin about 14100rpm wot. so i richen it up. runs great anyhow
If it was running that many rpm then it doesn't have the stock coil. The stock coil has a good bit of advance built in from what I've read and experienced with my saws, the stock limited coil has a good bit more power than an unlimited coil.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If it was running that many rpm then it doesn't have the stock coil. The stock coil has a good bit of advance built in from what I've read and experienced with my saws, the stock limited coil has a good bit more power than an unlimited coil.
Yep limited coil seems to make more powa on the 372 and 390xp. Keeps the plastic cage bearings alive longer too. The older 372 had metal caged bearings and a unlimited coil. Im pretty sure it’s why almost all new saws have gone to limited coils, the plastic bearings can’t handle as much heat or rpm. That and heavier pistons. Look at the 461.... same bearings/crank as a 460.... but limited coil. Thinking they learned something huh? Can’t be for anything but durability I imagine, definitely not performance because it’s harder to tune.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep limited coil seems to make more powa on the 372 and 390xp. Keeps the plastic cage bearings alive longer too. The older 372 had metal caged bearings and a unlimited coil. Im pretty sure it’s why almost all new saws have gone to limited coils, the plastic bearings can’t handle as much heat or rpm. That and heavier pistons. Look at the 461.... same bearings/crank as a 460.... but limited coil. Thinking they learned something huh? Can’t be for anything but durability I imagine, definitely not performance because it’s harder to tune.
Yes sir, many of the guys building them are making recommendations not to take them high if you change the coils out as well(the 372/390, not so much the 461), I think that's good advice.
Here's a 372 with a muffler mod and an unlimited coil and a 365 with a muffler mod and a limited coil. Noticeable difference in cut times(10% or so), but more importantly in ease of use/productivity, which is most important unless you're only cutting cookies.
Same bar and chain, limited coil went second so the chain was a bit duller, and the wood a bit larger to help show the difference.