Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
5:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know the pre-xtorq is more desirable but NLA in the states. Tell me why the pre-xtorq is more desirable. What are the differences stock? What are the differences ported? Performance wise, are both of them the same after porting? Does one have better air filtration? Does one have better AV? Better carb, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I drank the kool-aid.

awol

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
When stock the oe is probably a little stronger, after porting for the woods the xt may have it over the oe a little bit. They really wake up well. The carb on the xt is legendary, it is large, and flows lots of mixture.
The worst problem I think with the xt, is longevity. The heavy strato piston on an unaltered oe crank beats the bottom end up a bit. Loggers around here are still seem to be getting good life out of the xts.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
6:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know a guy with a cylinder and piston. Not sure what he wants for it. The xt makes good torque when ported. I ported one for a guy and he's running a 110 dl on it. Said it kills a stock 390 with the same b/c. For short bars and racing the oe is best.

awol

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I know a guy with a cylinder and piston. Not sure what he wants for it. The xt makes good torque when ported. I ported one for a guy and he's running a 110 dl on it. Said it kills a stock 390 with the same b/c. For short bars and racing the oe is best.
With that big old strato piston bouncing around, I can see why the oe is a better racer. My experience has been similar with the xt recently, great work saw after porting.

Last edited:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup! If we can get him a 372 and 562 to go along with his 346, he'll have his Stihls listed in the trading post.

I don't plan on getting rid of anything. Maybe someday but not anytime soon.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hoarder!!

Yes, it looks like I am headed that way. The problem is I like running all of them. None of them disappoint me. I even like that little 180 I traded you out of. Every time I say I am done, it only takes a month or 2 to get the itch again. Every time I see a 346xp for sale I fight with myself not to buy it and I already have 2, and a 260.