372 xp carbs- hd6 and hd12

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't seem to be having a lot of success rebuilding these carbs and getting them to perform correctly, about 1 out of 3 tend to work without leaning out- tried the Chinese replacement and they generally run good but lack in overall performance, just trying to figure out what I can do with these Walbros to get them right or do they have to be laid to rest.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Main nozzle that feeds into venturi is leaking. That's been a common issue around many walbro carb models. It has a small emulsifier disc that either leaks droplets of fuel around it, or it gets a small amount of debris in the disc that changes the emulsifier effect

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Main nozzle that feeds into venturi is leaking. That's been a common issue around many walbro carb models. It has a small emulsifier disc that either leaks droplets of fuel around it, or it gets a small amount of debris in the disc that changes the emulsifier effect
how do you right that problem, seems a shame to bin these carbs.

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
can they be bought - looked before but came up empty- I rebuild a lot of 365-372 saws (8 this last month) and just would like to be able to rectify the problem instead of using inferior am carbs as a fix.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can get them, but usually cost 20 dollars or so. Then add a carb kit, and labor time, then in my eyes it no longer is a cost effective option. Better off with a new hd12

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And you are supposed to use special walbro tools to change them. If they aren't aligned perfect then you just wasted 20 dollars, yes I have learned that the hard way

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well thanks for your input, have to check around and find the best price on HD12's - they aren't cheap but sometimes time involved it's worth getting the proper carb.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
11:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well thanks for your input, have to check around and find the best price on HD12's - they aren't cheap but sometimes time involved it's worth getting the proper carb.
The zama c3m works off a 365 or 7900 too. Usually cheaper than the walbro but doesn’t run as strong.

Darryll

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a similar problem with one of my 372 carbs. I cleaned them in an ultrasonic cleaner. In fact I have had 100% success cleaning carbs in the cleaner. Woks a treat.

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
got to get me one of those cleaners, any Idea what is a good one at a decent price.

Darryll

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine is a all metal thing no name brand that I can see on it. But works well. With the right solution they can be very effective. I brought mine to clean ammo cases. Now that I have it I use it all the time. It will strip most anything from metal.

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
what kind of solution do you use, Amazon seems to have a few ultrasonic cleaners at reasonable prices.- All new to me but I think it will be another useful tool for the shop.

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This helped me, I didnt like them before but it was most likely operator error... Last time I cleaned a carb I used something a bit too strong it put some corrosion on parts of the carb, I will have to try to clean that up with something but maybe i ruined it. :mad:

Darryll

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I was just going to warn people of that. Do not leave anything thing in there to soak in the solution. It will strip anodizing clear off your parts. That cleaner looks like mine only bigger. I can fit a 372 cylinder head in mine ok. They will clean a well used head so well they look new. For the most part I just use cloths washing powder to remove oil and dirt etc. I have Hornady case cleaner solution as well but that stuff is very aggressive and I'm a little weary of it. I do pull it out on the tough jobs but I hover over it and rise off straight away. I run mine at 60 deg C and that seems to be working well on a well baked cylinder I might bump it up to 80C.
When I'm grinding I fire up the cleaner so it can come up to temp then rinse off the filings with it as I go it just takes a few seconds. One of the most used tools I have in my workshop and mostly use it on saws now.