372 K model crank

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wonder if anyone has run across this before and is there a way to fix it on my 372 build- using a K model crank they have a hole where the clutch bearing looks like it should be for greasing the bearing but instead it leads back into the crankcase causing an air leak, change cranks or is there a way to plug it permanently, all together and it showed up on a leak pressure test,???

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had the same issue. I tried several things that didn’t work because it’s impossible to clean all the oil out of it. I finally got some copper nails at the hardware store, drove one in the hole, cut it flush and peened and flarred it for a good seal with a punch. It worked! Holds pressure and vaccum all day.

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is what I was thinking of doing but wanted some saw doctors opinion... can't figure out what the purpose of that hole is to start with

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It lubricates the bearing with mix. Goofy design in my opinion.

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worked great, soft copper rivet slimmed down just so it would have a tight fit and set her in with a small drift, in there great and most likely mushroomed at the bottom- leak down 100 percent- saw runs great, thanks for the info.