High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

372/385-390 hybrid. Is it possible? Been done?

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
6:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But why?

Seems like an awful lot of work to save a couple of lbs.

Maybe invest in a Planet Fitness membership instead?

:D

You Sir.... Sound like my wife ;) So I gots a few extra lbs it's because of all the good cooking she does :hambre: Losing it quickly in all this heat and humidity we have right now.

Was curious if the smaller case had any performance benefits. Have had a 365 apart for a while just something I was pondering. I need to order a cylinder eventually.

Steven

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
7:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I enjoy any frankensaw. Necessity is still the mother of invention. Won’t know if it sucks till you try.

The problem is usually case capacity to Jug capacity even if you can make it fit. Look at what happens to an 1128 Stihl when you up the bore to 52mm, the saw has a totally different personality.

The 262XP has had a 52mm 038 Mag jug transplanted by others before. That’s one that’s not too difficult to do either, but not sure if if will offer anything much for all that work. Adds 10cc.

Go Stihl or go home Steve-O. Lol...

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
4:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw-King had a 394 with a 3120 top end on it once, but I don't know what crank it had in it.

An AS member in the early days had a Dolmar 166 with an 090 top end on it, but again, I don't know what the crank was.

That's Canadiancarguy there, he did some pretty wild stuff.

Last edited:

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
6:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I enjoy any frankensaw. Necessity is still the mother of invention. Won’t know if it sucks till you try.

The problem is usually case capacity to Jug capacity even if you can make it fit. Look at what happens to an 1128 Stihl when you up the bore to 52mm, the saw has a totally different personality.

The 262XP has had a 52mm 038 Mag jug transplanted by others before. That’s one that’s not too difficult to do either, but not sure if if will offer anything much for all that work. Adds 10cc.

Go Stihl or go home Steve-O. Lol...

:eek:...............

Just buy a dolmar 7900 :lol:. Closest thing to a factory big bore 372.

:cool: have one :headbang:

Steven