High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

372/365 pto side crank sleeve/bushing stuck, any removal tips?

chisel

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
hey fellas, just as the title says: 372/365 pto side crank sleeve/bushing stuck, any removal tips?

ive tried heating it and pulling at it but im already marring it abit, mind you its not in a crucial area but still. im guessing they have a tool for this?

thanks for any help.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
5:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Vise grips and pull. New me is around $10 oem or $5 from the Greek. I recommend changing it and the seal if you pull it.

chisel

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
the seal leaks under vacuum so definitely changing that, but I have reused the sleeves without issue in the past. never had one this stuck though...probably a good idea to replace it. the greek is 2-3 weeks away....as in greek you mean Dimitris?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the seal leaks under vacuum so definitely changing that, but I have reused the sleeves without issue in the past. never had one this stuck though...probably a good idea to replace it. the greek is 2-3 weeks away....as in greek you mean Dimitris?
Ebay greek. It's about 2 weeks last stuff I got from him. I've had the sleeve worn enough a new seal wouldn't seal.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
4:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had one stick so bad I had to use a small channel lock pliars to get down in there and ruin it getting it out. Are you aware of the thin O ring that goes on the shaft ahead of the bushing next to the bearing?
When the bushing is tightened down it crushes the O ring right out of existance so when you disasemble one all that's in there is a little black mush, check a parts list.

chisel

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I had one stick so bad I had to use a small channel lock pliars to get down in there and ruin it getting it out. Are you aware of the thin O ring that goes on the shaft ahead of the bushing next to the bearing?
When the bushing is tightened down it crushes the O ring right out of existance so when you disasemble one all that's in there is a little black mush, check a parts list.

how important is the o ring? im guessing its to prevent air from leaking between the bushing and crank? the saw pressure/vacuum tests fine without it.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I remember to order it I put one back. If not I don't worry about it.