Any Chinese chainsaw and chinese parts discussion

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
10:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can anyone here with a Chinese 372xp clone take an up close pic of their serial plate at the front of the saw. At first on their website I thought the case came without them. But I see so many pictures floating around with of clones with a black tag ther I want to know what they say... and if they are all identical, or if they have some variation in serial numbers.
this close enough?20191209_152806.jpgthe huztls i've had don't have a tag.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
anybody else using their china saws?

No, and not for a while. This is gonna sound kind of nuts, but I've really burned out on these damn 372's, regardless of where they come from. Includes the Jonsered versions. Reason is that I want to run other saws in the collection and there's always another 372 idea that gets in the way of that. All these 372 variations sound interesting when we discuss them, but when it comes to the operating experience they are all very similar. Some run a little better than others, some sound a little different, but it's just one 372 after another. It's all become a little boring for me. I have Husky/Jonsered saws from 25 distinct and different chassis alone. Then of course there are multiple models on most of those chassis. That's a lot of saws.

Comes under the heading of too many saws and not enough time. So all 372/2171 chassis saws are banished to the basement for 2020! LOL Got a lotta other stuff I want to run. I'm sure this will wear off by the time their incarceration is over. But ya never know. I got sick on Southern Comfort back when I was in college, and to this day I can't taste or even smell that stuff without my stomach giving me a "don't even think about it" twitch. Even seeing the label...……..:)

My God, the wacked out crap we share on these dopey sites is unreal, huh?

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, and not for a while. This is gonna sound kind of nuts, but I've really burned out on these damn 372's, regardless of where they come from. Includes the Jonsered versions. Reason is that I want to run other saws in the collection and there's always another 372 idea that gets in the way of that. All these 372 variations sound interesting when we discuss them, but when it comes to the operating experience they are all very similar. Some run a little better than others, some sound a little different, but it's just one 372 after another. It's all become a little boring for me. I have Husky/Jonsered saws from 25 distinct and different chassis alone. Then of course there are multiple models on most of those chassis. That's a lot of saws.

Comes under the heading of too many saws and not enough time. So all 372/2171 chassis saws are banished to the basement for 2020! LOL Got a lotta other stuff I want to run. I'm sure this will wear off by the time their incarceration is over. But ya never know. I got sick on Southern Comfort back when I was in college, and to this day I can't taste or even smell that stuff without my stomach giving me a "don't even think about it" twitch. Even seeing the label...……..:)

My God, the wacked out crap we share on these dopey sites is unreal, huh?
20191209_160545_HDR.jpgi run a variety20190814_182750.jpgof 2 series mainly anymore.
but i keep that china 372 with a 24"
with me in the truck
it gets more use than any of them.
the 268 and 272 popup saws are by far the easiest
starting saws i have.
must be the mass of the light pistons i don't know.
but it's handy to grab a saw and take off cutting.
in the country here i clear the road's constantly that's why i pack a saw.
I'm not tired of any of the 66cc and up saws
the smaller saws just take to long lol

taplinhill

Hiding behind the Chainsaws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a couple of 365's with various Chinese parts on them including the carbs. I do not know the source of the carbs as they came to me with the saws. The problem I'm having is with cold saws after they have set for a few days. They take 10, 12, or more pulls to start. Once they start they run fine and hot starts are one pull. I've had a few all oem saws on this chassis that acted similar but they were 8 pulls cold, every time. It was annoying, but not so much that I ever looked into it. Am I missing something simple here?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a couple of 365's with various Chinese parts on them including the carbs. I do not know the source of the carbs as they came to me with the saws. The problem I'm having is with cold saws after they have set for a few days. They take 10, 12, or more pulls to start. Once they start they run fine and hot starts are one pull. I've had a few all oem saws on this chassis that acted similar but they were 8 pulls cold, every time. It was annoying, but not so much that I ever looked into it. Am I missing something simple here?
Try richening the L screw 1/8 turn, turn up the idle to compensate if you have to and see if that helps.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Think I want to do with the 372 clones something similar to what I did with the 660's, start from clone or kit and back towards OEM with selected parts. SO the g372xt that already has a used OEM handle is going to get a lrb popup and OEM ignition....then see how it runs. May eventually end up with a OEM carb. We were able to work the clone 660 kits into a reliable work saw why not the 372's? Some already have...I want to move to the "next" level as we did with the 660's and make them ready for work.

BUT what was interesting to me in the above posts...the 268. Any good clone options (since the op was relative to AM ). And is Bob gong into the 200 series with the same focus he once did with the 372's? Those could be just as addicting for the reasons already mentioned...:)

taplinhill

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try richening the L screw 1/8 turn, turn up the idle to compensate if you have to and see if that helps.

I've tried that with little improvement. I'm wondering if there is some sort of impulse/fuel pump issue. I've been pondering the thought of an genuine Walbro carb kit.......

taplinhill

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Think I want to do with the 372 clones something similar to what I did with the 660's, start from clone or kit and back towards OEM with selected parts. SO the g372xt that already has a used OEM handle is going to get a lrb popup and OEM ignition....then see how it runs. May eventually end up with a OEM carb. We were able to work the clone 660 kits into a reliable work saw why not the 372's? Some already have...I want to move to the "next" level as we did with the 660's and make them ready for work.

BUT what was interesting to me in the above posts...the 268. Any good clone options (since the op was relative to AM ). And is Bob gong into the 200 series with the same focus he once did with the 372's? Those could be just as addicting for the reasons already mentioned...:)

I've got a mountain of 272/268 cultch that I've been wanting to start building for a couple of years now. I'm guessing I could get 4-5 saws with a few AM pistons/top ends and some fresh crank bearings/seals.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And is Bob gong into the 200 series with the same focus he once did with the 372's? Those could be just as addicting for the reasons already mentioned...:)

Yes as far as projects go. The variations between both models and brands, early and late, where everything DOESN'T fit makes it a lot more interesting. That will feed the "tinkering in the shop" need that we all share. Different enough too that the operating experience is much more varied with these saws vs the 372's that all feel pretty much the same when working with them.

But I have plenty of saws that just need to be run. Some tweaked, many stock. Stock saws do actually cut wood.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i swapped out the carb spring for old oem spring's i had laying around
on a couple of the hard starters with the am carbs
it fixed them they now start fine.

taplinhill

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i swapped out the carb spring for old oem spring's i had laying around
on a couple of the hard starters with the am carbs
it fixed them they now start fine.

I will give that a try.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@taplinhill if you need help with that pile of 2 series saws let me know. I absolutely love the whole lineup of 2 series saws. From the 50s on up to the 288. But my meat and potatoes are the 61/625 66,266,268,162,630,670,272s I get all hot and bothered for those and even more if they are red and black. At sone point my collection will be complete on that chassis. Then I guess I will expand my collection

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ran a 372 all day
Cutting for my neighbor.20200129_133839.jpg20200129_133003.jpghe burned brush and caught a tree on fire.20200129_134538.jpgI wedged it hard to keep it off his new fence.20200129_142247_HDR.jpgNo issue's
I've cut a lot with this chusky.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Shortfuze82
Some of us have run the china saws a few year's now.
The china fuel and impulse line's were my only real trouble.
They failed after a few month's
Quality line fixed them.

Shortfuze82

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
@Shortfuze82
Some of us have run the china saws a few year's now.
They failed after a few month's
Quality line fixed them.
Impressive to say the least !

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

My saw is around 9 years old and has been flogged during that time. However, it is still running the same impulse and fuel lines, probably a different source of lines back then. The lines have shrunk over the years and I really should replace them before they give me problems.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Poleman how's it going
I put Your 7900 carb it's still running perfectly20200329_131736_HDR.jpgon a 268 popup saw
ironically out of 8 372s I have
a oem walbro gave me
Nothing but trouble.
It wouldn't hold tune
And the ear's are broke of the throttle.
The cable wouldn't stay in position.20200329_131207.jpgmice like an old 372xt I had the dolly carb on.20200329_140940.jpgnice out today20200329_140131.jpgI went out cutting dead ash.20200329_140041.jpg