Any Chinese chainsaw and chinese parts discussion

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Several guy's contacted me about those ebay saws like mine.
They missed their chance
That was a great deal
many of them have only xts.
They could've rebuilt or retired their saws
For parts.
And started with new ones.
I really like this one it's a strong running saw
Perfect with a 24"
I really liked the two I got, first xtorqs I've ran. I sold the two I had and started looking for non running ones, I've got the one in the video and another now. Great saws.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What IS on the Huztl site is 5 pages of parts for the Joncutter saws. Gotta give them credit on a good job there.

Since the Farmertec folks may be following this thread, or maybe Dave can pass this along. I have something for the Farmertec suggestion box: Short block assemblies for many of these saws would be good sellers IMO. They have a full selection of top ends. Why not a good selection of bottom ends? And the bottom ends seem to be pretty good.

I know they have the 372 short block that comes with a top end on it. Not even sure what size it is. But these would be better if they came without a cylinder kit on it. Drop the price by taking out the kit and let the customer choose what cylinder kit to use. Husqvarna has been coming out with short block assemblies themselves. Largely because many dealers can't, or won't, do bottom end work. But even for those of us who do, it's a huge time saver to just take out a short block assembly and start from there.
Lol
i got *b-worded at by a fb mod
When i suggested screened already modded mufflers.
He said don't tag the owner in conversations
So i always do now.

My 372 shortblock was 50.00 shipped Christmas special.
It was odd it has a bb with a single ring piston
They do not sell that piston
Just the double ring standard bb and 50mm
Never used it i haven't lost a bottom end yet
And that's running ported cylinders with unlimited coils.
Can't figure out why they don't make xpw pistons
That's a fail on the am suppilers
Xpw pistons pricey.

Last edited:

taplinhill

Hiding behind the Chainsaws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you suggesting that it doesn't make economic sense to spend $200 on a coil and carb vs just leaving the deco out? Some of you guys are so cheap! LOL

The deco upgrade on the 2172/372XT was sometime in 2016, so yours definitely had the older one. The new XT deco is also what they are using in the 572's.

There are several decos, but not an insane amount. Smaller saws get smaller decos. On the blue ones that everyone is familiar with, there's 2 that appear in a lot of models, including the bigger brush cutters. Break point is roughly 55's on down get the small one, 357's on up get the bigger one. 254 could have either I suppose. 455/460's have their own. 550 and 562 share one. Newer homeowner saws probably have something different. I like to use the plug on saws I build for myself or friends. I hardly ever use decos when they are there anyway. Decos do leak more often than guys suspect they might, so if they aren't being used, best to have the plug in there.

I don't how much interchanging you can do with these things cause I've never explored it.

Thrifty, is the term I prefer (I do have a good chunk of Scot in me).

So, I found a Stihl decomp out of an 026 pro. The hole is smaller than the one in my 2172 (which got me thinking about how many different Stihl decomps there are). I slapped in on and the danm thing started. Now I know I've been straying a bit over to the dark side as of late, but I can't in good conscience use a Stihl part on a Jonsered, even if it does work. So, I think I'll plug it. It is the thrifty thing to do.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Farmertec owner announced new husky clones
No 268/272 though
288 395 and 3120

272's would be fun for us cause we are into that size saw. But they have that 70cc class covered pretty good with all the 372 stuff. From their business perspective it makes sense to offer some larger and different models. 288 and 395 should both be popular. 3120 probably not near as much.

346NE would be a grand slam if they did one of those. Would have to have a faithful copy of the 44.3 mm NE cylinder though. Can't get by with that 45mm 350/353 cylinder that vibrates the muff bolts out.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ran them both a couple hour's.
Both with new full chisel
I much prefer the 372 personally.20190905_191521.jpgthe 575 is a bit smoother and quieter with the stock muffler
My nephew likes it better.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Huztl owner just announced blue 372s

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also seen blue ones. Any diff except of color?
Same gut's as far as i can tell.
They are really pumping out the production
Of a variety saws and parts.
There's even rumors of 254 and 262 now.
Who knows.
How's your saw doing?
Have you cut with it yet.

Heliot

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Saw is running again. It was the sleeve over the crankshaft on clutch side...put it back in. Saw's running. No ordered the oring which is missing under the sleeve.
Found out, that there seems to be a bit over-pressure in my oil-reservoir. Checked the vent. Works. But the tank is 1/3 full. Maybe i got overpressure because of exhaust heat extending the air inside the tank?
If the crankcase seal is not tight, the crankcase would suck oil instead of putting pressure into the reservoir, right? Where the crank is running, theres vacuum for the gas-oil-air mix to be put into the compression chamber...i thought. :D

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw is running again. It was the sleeve over the crankshaft on clutch side...put it back in. Saw's running. No ordered the oring which is missing under the sleeve.
Found out, that there seems to be a bit over-pressure in my oil-reservoir. Checked the vent. Works. But the tank is 1/3 full. Maybe i got overpressure because of exhaust heat extending the air inside the tank?
If the crankcase seal is not tight, the crankcase would suck oil instead of putting pressure into the reservoir, right? Where the crank is running, theres vacuum for the gas-oil-air mix to be put into the compression chamber...i thought. :D
Run the piss out of it
See if everything settles out.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What exactly do you mean with this? (sorry for the question...i'm no native English speaker...)
I run a saw hard especially if it makes me mad lol
Just meant if no air leaks run it to get everything to seat together.
None of mine had the clutch side o ring
I used motoseal or equivalent gasket maker
And put it in the sleeve.
Until my orings arrived i bought online.